|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
Manny (left) and tools (left to right) Squeeze, Turner, Dusty, Stretch, Rusty, Felipe, Pat
|Created by||Roger Bollen
|Directed by||Ted Bastien|
|Voices of||Wilmer Valderrama
Dee Bradley Baker
Grey DeLisle (season 2+)
|Opening theme||"Handy Manny Theme Song" by Los Lobos|
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||305 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Pam Lehn|
|Producer(s)||Vanessa Tilley, Jane Sobol|
|Running time||30 minutes|
Disney Junior Originals
|Distributor||Disney–ABC International Television|
|Original channel||Disney Channel (2006-)
Playhouse Disney (2006-2011)
Disney Junior (2011-)
|Picture format||1080i 16:9 (HDTV)|
|Original run||September 16, 2006– October 3, 2011|
|Related shows||Bob the Builder
Bear in the Big Blue House
Handy Manny was a Disney-animated children's television program. It first aired on September 16, 2006 as originally part of Disney Channel's Playhouse Disney daily block intended for preschoolers. On February 14, 2011, it was moved to the Disney Junior block, serving as Playhouse Disney's replacement. The show's title character is voiced by Wilmer Valderrama. Children aged 4–9 were usually the show's audience.
The show was created by Roger Bollen, Marilyn Sadler and Emmy Award-winning writer and producer Rick Gitelson. The animation is produced by Toronto-based Nelvana and features the voice performances of Wilmer Valderrama, Dee Bradley Baker, Tom Kenny, Fred Stoller, Nika Futterman, Kath Soucie, Carlos Alazraqui, and Grey DeLisle. Special guest stars in the series have included Lance Bass, Kurtwood Smith, Shelley Morrison, Fred Willard, Penn Jillette, Jane Lynch, Jon Polito, Ashley Parker Angel, Brian George, Snoop Dogg, Shannon Durig, Marion Ross, Chris Rock, James Belushi, Ice-T, Henry Winkler, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Freddy Rodriguez, Ed O'Neil, Denzel Whitaker, Zachary Gordon, Lauren Tom, Rosario Dawson, and Bob Glouberman. The theme song is performed by Los Lobos. Reruns are being shown at 6 AM on the Disney Junior block.
Handy Manny (a play on the phrase "handy man") is set in the fictional town of Sheetrock Hills where the titular character, Manny, owns a repair shop along with his anthropomorphic talking tools. It is unknown exactly where this town is located, but due to the multitude of Spanish speakers and town's location being in a desert, it may be Arizona, or more likely New Mexico, seeing as how in one Christmas episode the streets of Sheetrock were covered with approximately 5 inches of fresh snow with more falling. Most 30-minute episodes contain two stories. They typically begin with Manny and the tools interacting in Manny's repair shop. While there, someone, usually needing something repaired or assembled, calls Manny, who answers, "Hola, Handy Manny's repair shop, you break it" and then the tools shout "We fix it". After hearing who needs help where, Manny and the Tools sing "Hop up, Jump in" while the Tools hop into his tool box. In most episodes when Manny and the Tools leave for the repair, they see Mr. Lopart with his pet cat Fluffy in front of his candy store. Mr. Lopart would try to do something on his own without any prior experience. Manny offers him to help but Mr. Lopart says that he doesn't need any help, after Manny and the Tools leave the item Mr. Lopart was building would malfunction and cause a mess. Once Manny and the tools arrive at the repair site, they collaborate on the best way to fix the broken item. Manny then goes to Kelly's hardware store where she always has the item that they need. Once they have the items needed for the repair, they go back to the work-site and sing "We Work Together" while performing the repairs.
- Manuel Esteviez Garcia (A.K.A Manny) (Voiced By Wilmer Valderrama) is the main character of the show. Manny is a repair shop owner. he lives in Sheet Rock Hills, with his friends and family. It was told in the episode "Big Race", that he wanted to be a race car driver. Manny's appearance is a red and white hat (that he never takes off, until the episode wedding day), a green shirt, blue jeans, worker boots, yellow toolbelt with a silver buckle, has brown eyes and brown hair, and always carries a pencil behind his ear. Manny as shown in the episode "Valentine's Day Party", tries to ask Kelly out to the Valentine's Day party.
- Kelly Cranshaw (voiced by Nancy Truman) is one of the main characters of the show. Kelly is a hardware store owner. She lives in Sheet Rock Hills with her friends and family. Kelly also has a teenage brother named Elliot. Kelly's appearance is orange, with blue earrings, green eyes, pink shirt, blue jeans, little brown waist purse, and pink shoes. It was said in various episodes that Kelly loves keeping toys behind her desk for Manny and the tools to give to Chico and Pepe as gifts. In the episode "Wedding Day" at the end Kelly caught Mrs. Portilla's flower boutque and then gazed at Manny then they look at each other than blush. At the end of "Kelly's Chili", Kelly hugs Manny and blushes when she won the competition.
- Felipe (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) - is a Phillips-head screwdriver (hence his name) who always considers himself a very important tool. He is always overconfident and popular about himself. He sometimes thinks of himself as a super hero. Sometimes, his ideas make a problem worse. He provides a lot of the Spanish language content in the show, translating for the other tools. He also loves to sing but is not very good at it. He usually gets under Turner's skin and his headache, sometimes purposely. He bonds with Flicker and tries to bond with Turner even though they don't like each other. He also bonds with Pat sometimes.
- Turner (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) - is a flat-head screwdriver who appears to be sarcastic, rude, grumpy and cynical; who often fights with Felipe whom he considers a rival usually going against Felipe's overconfidence. There are some cases where he shows a genuinely caring relationship with Felipe. In the season one episode "Supremoguy", Felipe needs rescuing and Turner is the first to say "I'll get ya". Also in the episode "Breakfast of Champions", when Felipe feels worn out, he shows genuine concern for him. He appears to have a secret soft spot for babies and animals (including birds, kittens, and butterflies) and for dancing, even crying in "Handy Manny & The 7 Tools", although he loudly denies it. In the episode "Tools for Toys", he is easily liked by Mr. Singh's daughter, Leela. In the same episode, she kisses him at the top of the head and he blushes. Turner loses his patience with Pat due to his lack of intelligence and with Rusty due to his fear of many things. His personality can be summed up as tsundere.
- Pat (voiced by Tom Kenny) - is a hammer who is talkative, extremely silly and dumb, an idealistic tool, clumsy and not so intelligent, though he does have flashes of cleverness from time to time. He sometimes finds it hard to control his strength. His catchphrase is "I'm a hammer". He is obsessed with nails. It is hinted that he is Rusty's best friend because he is usually the first to comfort him. His lack of intelligence annoys Turner.
- Dusty (voiced by Kath Soucie) - is a hand saw who is very smart and gives good advice. She acts as the big sister of the group and is very good with detective work by solving mysteries. It is hinted that she has a crush on Pat because she laughs at his silliness and bonds with him the most. She also comforts Rusty and sometimes flirts with him. She also bonds with almost all the other tools. Ironically, Dusty doesn't have eyelashes despite the fact she is a female tool except Dusty appears to have eyelashes when she dresses as a ballerina; which consists of a bow and a tutu. Her talent is ballet.
- Squeeze (voiced by Nika Futterman (Julianna Rose Mauriello in 3 early episodes) is a pair of pliers. She loves to lend a helping hand, and is sometimes impatient to fix something (usually repairs that involve bolts). She also appears to be giggly, girly, and preppy. Her childlike cuteness makes her a very loveable tool. It may also be the reason she was the object of Stretch's alleged affection in the first season. Before Flicker was introduced, she was considered the baby among the tools.
- Stretch (voiced by Nika Futterman) - is a tape measure who loves to measure things. He can speak out accurate measurements, has a very mathematical mind, has a good memory, he knows everything especially for numbers and measurements and can use his tape as an extendable hand. He bonds with almost every tool. In the first season, he showed that he may have a crush on Squeeze because he encouraged her and sometimes smiled at her. He speaks with a lisp.
- Rusty (voiced by Fred Stoller) - is a monkey wrench who is not very brave and is a worrier and a scared of everything, generally being afraid of pretty much anything. Most of the time he needs reassurance from his fellow tools and Manny. It is hinted that Pat is his best friend because he is usually the first to comfort him. Sometimes his fear of stuff allows the others to lose patience with him, mainly Turner. He bonds with Pat, Dusty, and Squeeze. He is the second oldest tool but his intense fear of stuff makes him seem younger than he really is. In "Firefighter Manny", Rusty knows how to be not scared to be a firefighter tool.
- Flicker (voiced by Grey DeLisle) - Manny's youngest tool (first appearing in season 2) is a flashlight who speaks Spanish and is still learning English, slowly picking up more of the language throughout season 3. He flashes his light whenever he feels excited. In Handy Manny's School for Tools, he seems to be fully bilingual. He may have developed a crush on Squeeze because he is often seen around her and sometimes smiles at her. He is shown to love food. He has freckles and Felipe has to translate what he says sometimes.
- Zip (voiced by Eddie Deezen) Zip is one of the automobic team in "The Tools New Team". He first met Stretch and Felipe. He talks fast, knows it all and works super fast as Spinner and Felipe. Zip is a power socket tool.
- Sneeze (voiced by Tom Kenny) Sneeze is a vacuum cleaner and one of the automobic team. He sneezes saw dust and other things. In The Tools New Team, Manny meets Sneeze hiding in one of the boxes. He has a long nose as an elephant and his dream is to become an actor in "Handy Manny & The 7 Tools". He is also friends with Elliot. His first appearance is "The Tools New Team".
- Ticks and Totts (voiced by Jessi Corti and Cristobal Parson) Ticks and Totts are socket wrench twin brothers. They each speak English and Spanish. They both meet Dusty and Flicker as they overheard them. They each has six sides like fixing Marcelo's bike. They are one of the automobic team.
- Roland (voiced by Bill Fagerbakke) Roland is the biggest, giant, rolling toolbox. He can be clumsy like Pat and he forgets all the time. His snoring is so loud. He also carries the automobic team. His drawers are often seen opened with the automobic team inside the drawers. He is shown to be gluttonous as shown when he ate the chips when serving food and beverages on the plane in "Hank's Birthday". Roland meets Pat and Squeeze. He is one of the automobic team.
- Lefty, Lily, & Junior (voiced by Mark Decarlo, Grey DeLisle and Kath Soucie) Lefty, Lily, & Junior are combination wrenches and a happy family. Lefty is orange and he is a father. Lily is yellow and she is a mother. And Junior is their son and he is light blue. They all met Turner and Rusty. Lily can be emotional at times. Lily is overprotective to Junior. Junior can be shy sometimes. Lefty knows that Junior can do his best. He is also shown to have a close father-son relationship with Junior as well. Junior is as cheerful as Squeeze. They are part of the automobic team.
- Beamer (voiced by Steve Moreno) Beamer is a wobbly laser level. He first appeared in "Art Show" at Kelly's hardware store. Beamer knows how to straighten things out. Beamer later got adopted by Carmella as her own tool.
- Spinner One of Manny's power tools. He considered a fastest power drill in Concrete Falls. He is best friends with Jack. Also appears in Big Construction Job.
- Jack (voiced by Daran Norris) He is a jackhammer and one of Manny's power tools. He can go fast too just like Spinner. Also appears in Big Construction Job.
- Pinzas A needle nose pliers who shares his character with Squeeze. Also appears in Big Construction Job.
- Freddy Rodriguez as Ruben Garcia, Manny's older brother
- Nancy Truman as Mayor Rosa
- Ed O'Neill as Mayor Johnson
- George Takei as Mr. Wong
- Harold Perrineau as Barry
- Lexi Jordan as Angelina
- Debra Wilson as Mrs. Tyler
- Brian Tochi as Motorcycle Mike
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. as Chase Davis
- Tonye Patano as Mrs. Thompson the Laundromat Woman
- Florence Henderson as Aunt Ginny, Kelly and Elliot's aunt
- Jim Belushi as Sal
- Rosario Dawson as Dr. Ortega the Marine Biologist
- Donny Osmond as Farmer
- Kathie Lee Gifford as Mrs. Hillary
- Frank Welker as Carlos Portillo, Mrs. Portillo's pet chihuahua
- Raini Rodriguez as Isabel Montoya
- María Canals Barrera as Peggy, the wife of Miguel
- Yeni Alverez as Carmella, Manny's artistic friend
- Bob Glouberman as Sherman
- Rob Paulsen as Fast Eddie
- Marion Ross as Mrs. Lopart, Mr. Lopart's mother
- Annie Mumolo as Lola, Manny's older sister
- Eian Garfias as Pepe, Manny's nephew
- Mandy Burbano as Chico, Manny's second nephew
- Fred Willard as Dwayne Bouffant
- Luke Davis as Nelson, the youngest of the Lee family (season 3 only)
- Gwendoline Yeo as Mrs. Lee(season 2 and 3 only)
- Grace Rolek as Nelson (season 2 only)
- Jane Lynch as Jackie Greenway, the groundskeeper of Sheetrock Hills Park
- Dan Hagen as Santa Claus
- Susan Blu as Marion the Librarian
- Dorian Harewood as Coach Johnson
- Jessi Corti as Francisco and Renaldo
- Shannon Durig as Aurelia
- Rebecca Romijn as Attendant Audrey
- Henry Winkler as Mr. Diller
- Julian Stone as Dandy Dan
- Greg Ellis as Nigel
- Brian George as Mr. Kumar, the owner of the china shop
- Ashley Parker Angel as Danny Starr
- Jon Polito as Joe Bolotero
- Lance Bass as Elliot, Kelly's younger teenage brother
- Penn Jillette as Magic Marty
- Kurtwood Smith as Mr. Noodlander
- Zachary Gordan as Little Leonard Lopart
- Richard Gitelson as Officer Pete
- Ana Ortiz as Maria
- Nick Guest as Oleg
- Mark Steines as Oscar, the owner of Oscar's House of 18 Smoothies
- Isabella Pajaro as Julieta and Susanna
- Dave Chameides as Gary the Mechanical
- Frankie Manriguez as Dario, Mayor Rosa's nephew
- Sandra Oh as Jasmine Chung the Reporter
- Gabriel Romero as Ben, Flagpole Installer
- James Sie as Mr. Chu, the principal of Sheetrock Hills Elementary School
- Jon Polito as Joe Bolotero the Builder
- Robby Bruce as Quinn
- Cesar Flores as Alex
- Joher Coleman as Mr. Singh
- Jordan Del Spina as Chris
- David Chameides as Gary
- Firoozeh Adli as Leela
- Mindy Burbano as Cassie and Myna Bird
- Marcelo Tubert as Mr. Alverez
- Tia Texada as Mrs. Alverez
- Denzel Whitaker as Kyle
- Dawnn Lewis as Tanya
- Lauren Tom as Nelson [Season 1 only] and Mrs. Lee
- Giada De Laurentiis as Paulette
- Weird Al Yankovic as Big Bob
- Maurice LaMarche as Victor
- Michael Bell as Willy Wachowski
- Sebastian Guerrero as Marcelo
- Roger Ross as Jack Stack
- Phil Lamarr as Mr. Laffler
- Roger Rose as Sam
- Chris Snyder as Robert
- Wendie Malick as Ms. Violet
- Marli Gitelson as Dr. Amy
- Mario Cantone as Angelo
- Ruth Livier as Lucia
- DJ Valentine as TV Announcer
- America Ferrera as Graciela Morales
- Chrissie Guerrero as Captain Ciello
- Gino Conforti as Luigi
Seven DVD compilations have been released and one upcoming:
|DVD title||Release date||Episodes||Other information|
|Region 2||Region 1|
|Handy Manny: Tooling Around||25 January 2010||21 August 2007||Squeeze’s Day Off
A Sticky Fix
Pat The Screwdriver
|Handy Manny: Fixing It Right||TBA||19 February 2008||Manny To The Rescue
Felipe Strikes Out
Pat's Big Idea
Rusty To The Rescue
|Handy Manny: Manny's Pet Roundup||6 July 2009||5 August 2008||Lyle And Leland Lopart
Blackout On The Block
Squeeze Makes A Promise
Renaldo's Pretzel Castle
|All the episodes in this DVD are related to animals and pets.|
|Handy Manny: Manny's Green Team||TBA||31 March 2009||Saving The Turtles
Manny Goes Solar
|All the episodes in this DVD are related to recycling and caring for the earth.|
|Handy Manny: A Very Handy Holiday||2 November 2009||A Very Handy Holiday
Have A Handy New Year
|Handy Manny: Motorcycle Adventure||TBA||1 December 2009||Motorcycle Adventure
A Very Handy Holiday
|Handy Manny: Big Race||TBA||20 April 2010||Big Race
Fast Eddie's Scooter
Bunny In The Basement
|Handy Manny: Happy Birthday!||26 April 2010||Cinco-De-Mayo
|Handy Manny: Big Construction Job||7 November 2010||16 November 2010||Big Construction Job/Good Fences/Butterfly|
- "News". News.toonzone.net. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- Official website
- Handy Manny at TV.com
- episode "Valentine's Day Party" New Handy Manny episode "Valentine's Day Party"