Hang Time (TV series)
|Created by||Mark Fink
|Starring||(See entire cast list below)|
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||104 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Peter Engel|
|Running time||21 minutes|
|Original run||September 9, 1995 – December 16, 2000|
Hang Time is an American teen sitcom about a fictional Indiana high school's boys' basketball team "Deering" with one female player, that aired from 1995–2000. It aired on Saturday mornings on NBC as part of the network's TNBC morning block. It was created by Troy Searer, Robert Tarlow, and Mark Fink. The show lasted six seasons, during which the cast was changed almost in its entirety. Only two cast members (Daniella Deutscher and Megan Parlen) stayed with the show throughout its entire run, similar to Saved by the Bell: The New Class.
- Daniella Deutscher as Julie Connor
- David Hanson as Chris Atwater (season 1)
- Chad Gabriel as Danny Mellon (seasons 1–3)
- Megan Parlen as Mary Beth Pepperton
- Hillary Tuck as Samantha Morgan (season 1)
- Christian Belnavis as Michael Maxwell (season 1)
- Robert Michael Ryan as Earl Hatfield (season 1)
- Reggie Theus as Coach Bill Fuller (seasons 1–3)
- Kevin Bell as Josh Sanders (season 2)
- Michael Sullivan as Vince D'Amata (seasons 2-3)
- Anthony Anderson as Teddy Broadis (seasons 2-3)
- Paige Peterson as Amy Wright (season 2)
- Adam Frost as Michael Manning (seasons 3-6)
- Amber Barretto as Kristy Ford (seasons 3-6)
- Mark Famiglietti as Nick Hammer (season 4, guest star season 5,6)
- Dick Butkus as Coach Mike Katowinski (seasons 4-6)
- Danso Gordon as Kenny 'Silk' Hayes (seasons 4-6)
- James Villani as Rico Bosco (season 4)
- Jay Hernandez as Antonio Lopez (seasons 5-6, recurring season 4)
- Phillip Glasser as Eugene Brown (seasons 5-6)
Four NBA players appeared as guest stars in season 3. Damon Stoudamire in Season 3 Episode 8, Gary Payton in Season 3 Episode 9, Kobe Bryant in Season 3 Episode 11 and Shareef Abdur-Rahim in Season 3 Episode 14. Mitchell James "Mitch" Richmond appeared in Season 4 Episode 6.
- Dustin Diamond appeared as himself/Screech in season 6 Episode 6 "At The Movies." He also appeared in the Kobe Bryant episode, Season 3 Episode 11.
WNBA star Lisa Leslie has also appeared on the show in a guest appearance.
Scott Whyte appeared as Joey in the season 3 episode, "Fighting Words".
Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson also made a cameo, as did Zaheer Stray Mutt Mohammed
- In Canada, the show was also shown on NBC - without simsubbing.
- In Australia, the show was shown on Seven Network.
- In the United Kingdom the show was shown on Channel 4 but more recently Trouble (TV).
- In the Czech Republic, the show was shown on TV Nova.
- In Estonia, the show was shown on Kanal 2.
- In the Philippines, the show was shown on Studio 23.
- In The South Korea, the show was shown on SBS.
- In Republic of Ireland, the show was shown on Network 2.
- In New Zealand, the show was shown on Channel 4.
- Article: Changes to Hang Time in Season #2
- Hang Time at the Internet Movie Database
- Hang Time at TV.com