|Also known as||Circle of Hearts|
|Created by||Jimmy Duavit
Jose Javier Reyes
|Developed by||Bibeth Orteza|
|Directed by||Jose Javier Reyes
|Starring||Christopher De Leon
|Theme music composer||Ogie Alcasid|
|Opening theme||"Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala"
Ogie Alcasid and Aiza Seguerra
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||95 episode|
|Executive producer(s)||Marjorie La Chica|
|Location(s)||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original run||March 8, 2004 – August 13, 2004|
Hanggang Kailan (English: Circle of Hearts) is a Filipino drama series produced by GMA Network. The series features Lorna Tolentino, Christopher de Leon and Alice Dixson as the lead characters. Hanggang Kailan was directed by Jose Javier Reyes and Mark Reyes.
Taunted different kind of drama series, Hanggang Kailan is infused with a rich balance of light and dramatic moments reminiscent of everyday life. It also breaks new grounds in terms of production -- it is shot more like a movie than a standard teledrama. It also sets the standards in terms of casting. The drama series, in fact, boasts a stellar cast that has never been assembled in a movie or teledrama before like Lorna Tolentino-Christopher de Leon-Alice Dixson love triangle.
The series is a brilliant collaboration of GMA Network’s Jimmy Duavit, and directors, Jose Javier Reyes and Mark Reyes. Bibeth Orteza heads the writing team. The directing chores are shared by the award-winning scriptwriter and director Jose Javier Reyes and his nephew Mark Reyes.
The series integrates music as part of the narrative. Ogie Alcasid has lent some songs he has written in the last couple of years to be used in the show’s soundtrack. Some songs will be interpreted by Alcasid himself, and the others by Aiza Seguerra and other stars.
The series used music not just as background effect, but as an important element that will clarify and explain certain emotions of the characters.
Dado (Christopher de Leon) and Valerie (Lorna Tolentino) are two lovers forced to end their relationship when the latter’s father uses her as a payment for a gambling debt. Many years pass and Valerie returns as a wealthy divorcee and mother of two. She is determined to win back the love of the man she lost in her youth. Instead, she finds that Dado is on the brink of marrying her half-sister Thelma (Alice Dixon) with whom he already has two daughters. The lives of this triangle are fraught with drama as the tug of love plays out between them. Drawn into this conflict are Thelma’s daughter Angela (Maxene Magalona) and Valerie’s son Warren (Jake Cuenca) They must fight the feelings they have for each other while the question of whether they are related still hangs over their heads.
Cast of Characters
- Lorna Tolentino as Valerie Rosales - a mysterious woman who returns to her hometown, San Sebastian to collect her dues, after leaving the country for many years. Deceitful. Arrogant. Vengeful. As the story unfolds her background, Valerie’s anger rooted deep in her scarred past... from seeing her mother commit suicide, to her father selling her as payment for their debt, to being a battered wife and the most painful of all, seeing her one true love not doing anything to get her back and even married her half-sister which she despised the most. All of these contributed to what she is now -- the cunning Valerie Rosales ready to get back at those who had caused her pain before.
- Christopher de Leon as Diosdado "Dado" Villarama - he is a middle class automotive mechanic and a loving husband to Thelma, in which he already had two daughters, Angela and Jennifer. Dado and Valerie are ex-flames. Both young and in love then, Dado and Valerie thought that they would end up together would live ever happily ever after. But sudden turn of events happens. Valerie’s father sells her as payment for their debt. Expecting Dado to be there for her but much to her disappointment it did not happen. Valerie was forcibly married and became a battered wife while Dado unexpectedly fell in love with Valerie's half-sister Thelma.
- Alice Dixson as Thelma Villarama - the humble wife of Dado. A loving mother. She is a complete picture of a mother that, in spite of all hardships she's into, she still remained firm.
- Ogie Alcasid as George - he had always been a frustrated song writer/singer. He had Tambucks (George’s cafe bar) back then but then again, the evil Valerie went in the way. He had an opportunity in the person who promised him to make him a big star in Manila whom the former believed to happen. But it turned out that he was not made a singer -- he was made an all-around janitor. With dreams forfeited and being a hopeless lad in a strange place, George thought that he would stagnate forever. But thanks to his loyal pal, Obet who searched for him in Manila.
- Aiza Seguerra as Gina - a lesbian who dreams of becoming a popular singer someday. Though she has also her story to tell... having a dysfunctional father and a role confusion on what she really is, these made it difficult to fulfil that dreams. She only finds solace in her half-brother Lito who along the way had also suffered a lot.
- Ana Capri as Lulu - Thelma's befriend and Angela's ever loving godmother.
- Nancy Castiglione as Tara Rosales - Valerie's youngest child. Tara is impaired in hearing and speech but still blooms to be a charming lady.
- Maxene Magalona as Angela Villarama - the youngest daughter of Dado and Thelma. She is the goodie-to-your-toes daughter whom Dado always favoured. Young love has never been the same for Angela as she falls in love with Warren, Valerie’s son – her cousin.
- Alessandra de Rossi as Jennifer Villarama - and Thelma’s prodigal daughter. Eversince a kid, Jennifer always thought that she was not part of the family because she feels that she was always viewed as someone who doesn’t follow rules and generally a brat. Her rivalry with her younger sister, Angela caused her to leave her family to the point of demeaning them.
- Jake Cuenca as Warren Rosales - Valerie's son. He falls in love with his cousin Angela -- which makes everything more complicated.
- Paolo Contis as Dennis Carbonel - a man who was determined to crush Valerie down because of what she did to his family. His dad leaving them for her – that led his mom to suffers insanity. Dennis' sole purpose why he went to San Sebastian was to get back at Valerie but eventually, he fell in love with Tara in which he was willing to forget all that Valerie did to his family.
- Sid Lucero as Eugene
- Janus Del Prado as Lito
- Boy 2 Quizon as Obet
- Girlie Sevilla as Marlyn
- Janice de Belen as Elizabeth
- Ricardo Cepeda as Jefferson
- Mark Gil as Roberto
- Gandong Cervantes as Victor
- Neil Ryan Sese as father Edwin
- Cristine Reyes as Hana
- Jessy Mendiola as Gina
- Created for TV by : GMA Entertainment TV Group
- Executive In-charge of Production : Wilma Galvante
- Produced by : Jimmy Duavit
- Supervising Producer: Pong de Leon
- Executive Producer : Marjorie La Chica
- Director of Photography : Joe Tutanes
- Concept by : Jimmy Duavit, Jose Javier Reyes and Mark Reyes
- Written by : Bibeth Orteza
- Directors : Jose Javier Reyes and Mark Reyes
- List of programs broadcast by GMA Network
- List of telenovelas of GMA Network
- Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw
- Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw Pa Rin
- Official website: http://www.igma.tv/gwi/programs/39/circle-of-hearts
- Hanggang Kailan at the Internet Movie Database
- Hanggang Kailan Premieres Today http://www.articlearchives.com/population-demographics/demographic-groups-wealthy-people/667362-1.html