Hank Kanalz is an American comic book writer and editor.
Through the late 1980s and 1990s Kanalz wrote various comics for publishers like DC Comics, but especially Malibu Comics. He designed the iconic "I" symbol for Image Comics, and contributed dialogue and lettering for the first issue of Image's very first comic, Rob Liefeld's Youngblood.
He edited the World of Warcraft comic book as well as co-editing the Fringe comic with Ben Abernathy, in addition to his General Manager duties. These duties in 2009 involved making sure the various aspects of the Wildstorm publications, the Wildstorm Universe titles, creator-owned comic books and the comics based on licensed properties are all coming out on time, following some problems and lulls in publications in previous years.
Comics he has written include:
- The Flash #19: "Blood Ties" (Bonus Book with pencils by Bill Knapp and inks by Jerry Acerno, DC Comics, December 1988)
- Youngblood Vol. 1 #1 (with co-author and artist Rob Liefeld, Image Comics, April 1992)
- Brigade Vol. 1 #1-2 (with co-authors, Rob Liefeld, Eric Stephenson and Richard Horie, Image Comics, August–October 1992)
- Ex-Mutants #4-10 (with pencils by Paul Pelletier and inks by Ken Branch, Malibu Comics, 1993)
- Siren (with pencils by Kevin J. West and inks by Bob Almond, 4-issue mini-series, Malibu Comics, 1995)
- Eliminator (with co-author Roland Mann and pencils by Mike Zeck, 4-issue mini-series, Malibu Comics, 1995)
- Ultraforce #7-10 (with co-author Chris Ulm, pencils by Steve Erwin and George Pérez and inks by John Stangeland, Malibu Comics, 1995)
- Green Lantern 80-Page Giant #2: "Anything You Can Do..." (with pencils by Kevin J West, DC Comics, June 1999)
- Hank Kanalz Joins WildStorm As VP-General Manager (press release), Comics Bulletin, March 2, 2004
- Hank Kanalz, at LinkedIn
- Fringe comic page
- Renaud, Jeffrey (October 15, 2009). "Kanalz Drives WildStorm Towards 2010". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved October 15, 2009.
- Hank Kanalz at Comic Vine