Hank von Helvete
|Hank von Helvete|
Hank von Helvete at Coachella 2009.
|Birth name||Hans Erik Dyvik Husby|
|Also known as||Hank von Helvete, Hertugen, Herr Tugen, Hertis|
|Born||15 June 1972|
|Genres||Punk rock, Death punk, Glam punk, Hard rock, Heavy metal, Pop, Folk music|
|Associated acts||Turbonegro, Doctor Midnight & The Mercy Cult|
Hans Erik Dyvik Husby (born 15 June 1972), also known as Hank von Helvete, Hertugen and Hærtis, most famous for being the former lead vocalist of the Norwegian death-punk band Turbonegro. While not explicitly addressed to date, the name Helvete was adopted due to its meaning "hell" or "a place of suffering".
Husby's band is most well known for their tongue-in-cheek humor dealing with homosexual aesthetics and punk rock antics, and the formation of a genre they label "death punk". The band formed in the late 1980s and put out a few records before disbanding in 1998 when Husby's heroin addiction made him unable to perform. After going through rehab, Turbonegro reunited in 2002, but Husby and the band "laid it on ice" in 2010. The main reason for this was his new lifestyle as a sober family man.
Husby went through detox while living at the Moskenes island in Lofoten, Norway. Here he worked at Norsk Fiskeværsmuseum in Å, as well as working as a presenter at Moskenesradioen, a local radio station.
Husby is married to model Gro Skaustein (28). The couple have a daughter together, who was born on December 21, 2008.
He claims to have now dealt with his drug addiction problem thanks to the Scientology drug rehab program Narconon. He played the title role in Cornelis, a Swedish film from 2010 about the singer-songwriter Cornelis Vreeswijk.
On 6 June 2011, Hank, alongside his new band Doctor Midnight & The Mercy Cult, released their first album I Declare: Treason. Fall 2011 he was a judge in Norwegian Idol. His biography was released in Norway October 2012, written by famous writer and poet Havard Rem, where he speaks openly about his life so far.
- Never is Forever (1994)
- Ass Cobra (1996)
- Apocalypse Dudes (1998)
- Scandinavian Leather (2003)
- Party Animals (2005)
- Retox (2007)
- Live albums
- Darkness Forever! (1999)
- Love It To Deathpunk (Australian Best-of Compilation, 2001)
- Small Feces (Box set of rarities, 2005)
- This Ain't No Fucking Melodic Punk 7" (Probe Records, 1995)
- Stinky Fingers 10" Vinyl (1995) – split EP with Flying Crap
- Flabby Sagging Flesh 7" Vinyl (1995) – Turbonegro / Anal Babes Split
- (He's a) Grunge Whore 10" Vinyl EP (1993)
- "Denim Demon" 7" Vinyl (1995)
- "Bad Mongo" 7" Vinyl (1995)
- "I Got Erection" 7" Vinyl (1995)
- "Prince Of The Rodeo" 7" Vinyl (1996)
- "Suffragette City" 7" Vinyl (1997)
- "Get It On" 7" Vinyl (1998)
- "Fuck the World (F.T.W.)" 7" Vinyl & CD (2003)
- "Locked Down" 7" Vinyl & CD (2003)
- "Sell Your Body (To The Night)" 7" Vinyl & CD (2003)
- "High On The Crime" (2005)
- "City Of Satan" CD (2005)
- "Do You Do You Dig Destruction" Mobile-only Download & CD (2007)
- 2009: "Rom for alle" (a duo with Maria Solheim – #1 hit in Norway in 2009)
- TURBONEGRO, MARILYN MANSON, SATYRICON, EXTOL Members Join Forces In New Supergroup. Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-29.
- Former/Present Members Of Turbonegro, Satyricon, Celtic Frost, Extol Join Forces In Doctor Midnight And The Mercy Cult. Bravewords.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-29.
- Dr. Midnight Prescribes Evil Sounds for 2011. Fearnet.com (2010-12-06). Retrieved on 2011-06-29.
- Members of Marilyn Manson, Apoptygma Berzerk, KMFDM form new supergroup Doctor Midnight And The Mercy Cult. Side-line.com (2010-12-08). Retrieved on 2011-06-29.
- Turbo charged Sydney Morning Herald – Oct 3, 2003
- Turbonegro Bring Boners Back to Times Square – Vulture. Nymag.com (2007-09-26). Retrieved on 2011-06-29.
- Tim Cashmere Hank Von Helvete Leaves Turbonegro. Undercover. 12 July 2010
- Google Translate. Translate.google.co.uk. Retrieved on 2011-06-29.
- Hank von Helvete endelig rusfri (Hank von Helvete is finally off drugs) P4.no, 25 March 2009. Retrieved 31 March 2009.