HannStar Display Corporation
|Key people||Yu-Chi Chiao (Chairman and CEO)|
|Products||LCD monitors, televisions|
|HannStar Display Corporation|
HannStar Display Corporation (Chinese: 瀚宇彩晶股份有限公司; pinyin: Hànyǔ Cǎijīng Gǔfèn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī) is a Taiwan-based technology company, primarily involved in the research and production of monitors, notebook displays, and televisions.
Founded in June 1998, HannStar produces products under the following brand names:
- Hannstar (LCD monitors)
- Hannspree (LCD monitors, netbooks, laptops, tablet computers and televisions)
- Hanns.G (Gaming monitors)
- I-INC (LCD monitors)
The company has one LCD fabrication facility and one LCM fabrication facility. Through technology transfer from Hitachi and Toshiba, the company acquired TFT LCD manufacturing technology. It became listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange in September 2004.
In December 2010, the EU fined Hannstar for its part in a price fixing scheme. The company was fined €8.1 million of the total €648.9 million fined against a group of companies, including Chimei InnoLux, LG Display, AU Optronics, and Chunghwa Picture Tubes Ltd. 
- "Company Profile". HannStar Display Corporation. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "Facts Sheet". Hannstar Display Corporation. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- Aoife White (2010-12-08). "LCD-Panel Makers Fined $649 Million by European Union for Price Fixing". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2010-12-11.
- http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=SPEECH/10/736&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en Joaquín Almunia Vice President of the European Commission responsible for Competition Policy Press conference on LCD cartel, Visa and French chemists' association decisions Press conference Brussels, 8 December 2010
|This article about a Taiwanese corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|