|Town of Hanna|
|Special Area||No. 2|
|• Mayor||Chris Warwick|
|• Governing body||Hanna Town Council|
|• Total||8.56 km2 (3.31 sq mi)|
|Elevation||785 m (2,575 ft)|
|• Density||312.4/km2 (809/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code span||T0J 1P0|
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Hanna had a population of 2,673 living in 1,208 of its 1,317 total dwellings, a -6.1% change from its 2006 population of 2,847. With a land area of 8.56 km2 (3.31 sq mi), it had a population density of 312.3/km2 (808.8/sq mi) in 2011.
In 2006, Hanna had a population of 2,847 living in 1,295 dwellings, a 4.7% decrease from 2001. The town has a land area of 8.39 km2 (3.24 sq mi) and a population density of 339.1 /km2 (878 /sq mi).
The town's main industries are agriculture, oil production, tourism, and coal mining. It is the centre of a large trading area called Short Grass County and is the home of approximately 200 businesses.
The mayor of the town is Chris Warwick.
- Shirley McClellan, former provincial politician
- Lanny McDonald, former professional hockey player and member of the NHL Hall of Fame
- Members of the rock band Nickelback
- Blake Nill, former professional football player
- Jim Nill, former professional hockey player
- Milt Pahl, former provincial politician
- Marjorie Willison, author and radio personality
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Hanna - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-11.