November 27, 1993 |
Vadnais Heights, MN, USA
|Height||5 ft 6 in (168 cm)|
|Weight||150 lb (68 kg; 10 st 10 lb)|
|Minnesota Golden Gophers
|National team||United States|
Hannah Brandt (born November 27, 1993) is an American ice hockey player. She was named to the United States women's national ice hockey team which represented the United States at the 2012 IIHF Women's World Championship. She was the winner of the 2012 Minnesota Ms. Hockey Award. She will make her debut for the US national women's team at the 2014 4 Nations Cup in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada.
With the Hill-Murray Pioneers, she registered 59 goals and 31 assists in 26 games of the 2011-12 campaign. In 2011-12, Brandt had 22 multiple-point and 20 multiple-goal games this season. In addition, she accumulated 13 hat tricks and three six-point games. Her five-year career with the Pioneers resulted in total numbers of 192 goals and 142 assists. She has committed to play at the University of Minnesota along with fellow 2012 Minnesota Ms. Hockey finalists Milica McMillen and Lee Stecklein.
Brandt scored 33 goals and made 49 assists in her first season at Minnesota. Her 82 points were the second most in Division 1 for 2012-13 season, with only linemate Amanda Kessel tallying more. The team had an undefeated season and won the 2013 NCAA title. Brandt was won one of ten nominees for the Patty Kazmaier Trophy and named WCHA Rookie of the Year.
In her sophomore season, Brandt had the most assists in Division 1. She was the top goal scorer on her team, which reached the NCAA championship game. Brandt again lead Minnesota in goals in her junior year, and her team won the 2015 NCAA title by defeating Harvard. Brandt was named as one of three finalists for Kazmaier Trophy and as WCHA Player of the Year in both her sophomore and junior seasons.
Her third period goal against Harvard goaltender Emerance Maschmeyer in the championship game of the 2015 NCAA National Collegiate Women's Ice Hockey Tournament would stand as the game-winning tally for the Golden Gophers.
Brandt won a gold medal with the United States national under-18 team at the 2011 International Ice Hockey Federation's world championships. In December 2011, she earned the opportunity to train with the U.S. national senior women's team.
Awards and honors
- Minnesota High School hockey All-State selection (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Pioneer Press player of the year
- 2012 MVP at Hill-Murray
- 2012 Minnesota Ms. Hockey Award
- Finalist, 2014 Patty Kazmaier Award
- Top 10 Finalist, 2015 Patty Kazmaier Award
- 2015 CCM Hockey Women's Division I All-Americans, First Team
- WCHA Rookie of the Week (Week of October 25, 2012)
- WCHA Player of the Week (Week of October 28, 2014)
- 2015 WCHA Player of the Year
- 2015 WCHA Scoring Champion
- "Four Nations Cup Begins Tuesday". Minnesota Golden Gophers Athletics. 2014-11-03. Retrieved 2014-11-03.
- Christensen, Joe (2015-03-21). "Boston College's Carpenter wins women's Kazmaier Award". StarTribune (Minneapolis). Retrieved 2015-03-22.