|Birth name||Hannah Cohen|
October 25, 1986 |
San Francisco, California
|Associated acts||Sam Amidon, Doveman, Rob Moose, Doug Wieselman, Brad Albetta, Ray Rizzo|
Hannah Cohen (born October 25, 1986), is an American singer and songwriter.
Hannah left home as a teenager, soon finding herself in New York and becoming something of a muse to the city's art scene, posing for Richard Prince, Terry Richardson, David Salle, Will Cotton, and Ryan McGinley.
Hannah's debut record, Child Bride, was produced by Thomas Bartlett, aka Doveman, known for his keyboard work with artists like The National and Antony and the Johnsons. Drawn from Hannah and Thomas's mutual friends, the core band is a small group of New York musicians, including Sam Amidon, Rob Moose, Brad Albetta, Doug Wieselman and Kenny Wollesen. Their sessions were recorded by engineer Patrick Dillett. Child Bride was released by Bella Union on April 23, 2012.
- "WR Rodgers". Culture Northern Ireland. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- Prose, Francine. "Will Cotton's Food Art: Buche de Noel". Food & Wine. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "Introducing Hannah Cohen". Folk Radio UK. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "Hannah Cohen Review". Thank Folk For That.
- Moeller, Sean. "Cold Smoke Finds Loves Losses". Daytrotter. Daytrotter. Retrieved June 21, 2012.