|Yang Berhormat Puan Speaker
Hannah Yeoh Tseow Suan
|Speaker of Selangor State Legislative Assembly|
21 June 2013
|Preceded by||Teng Chang Khim (DAP)|
|Member of the Selangor State Assembly
for Subang Jaya
8 March 2008
|Preceded by||Lee Hwa Beng|
|Born||Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia|
|Political party||DAP – Pakatan Rakyat|
|Occupation||Selangor State Legislative Assembly Speaker & Member
|Website||Hannah Yeoh's blog|
Yeoh, a former lawyer and event manager, won the N31 Subang Jaya state seat against Ong Chong Swen from MCA, a Barisan Nasional component party in the 2008 election. Yeoh was preceded by the previous State Assemblyman Datuk Lee Hwa Beng (of Barisan Nasional), who decided to run for Parliament in the 2008 general elections.
On 13th general election, Hannah Yeoh was re-elected as Subang Jaya state assembly member defeating Gan Meng Foo from MCA, Barisan Nasional.
Hannah Yeoh had listed several concerns as part of her pre-election campaign.:
- Apprehensive of personal safety when moving about in the neighbourhood.
- Safety of property in view of rising crime rate.
MPSJ Draft Local Plan
- Development plans currently lack residents' interest as primary consideration.
High density development
- Projects being approved within close proximity without due consideration to factors such as car parks, traffic congestion and preserving the natural environment.
Traffic & Parking
- Traffic congestion both at main roads and commercial areas.
- Alignment of LRT line and bus routes.
Better Management of funds
- Funds being used for projects which do not significantly benefit the residents.
Environment & Recreation
- Lack of recreation areas especially for families with children living in flats, apartments and condominiums.
- Preservation of green lung areas.
|2008||Hannah Yeoh (DAP)||23,459||70.94%||Ong Chong Suan (MCA)||9,608||29.06%||33,067||13,851||79.31%|
|2013||Gan Meng Foo (MCA)||12,297||23.17%||Hannah Yeoh (DAP)||40,366||76.09%||53,052||28,069||86.0%|
Notes and references
- "Billi takes defeat in his stride.", The Star, 2008-03-10. Retrieved on 2008-06-27.
- Lourdes, Mark. "'Handyman' wants to move.", New Straits Times (Hosted on Lee Hwa Beng's Blog), 2008-02-13. Retrieved on 2008-06-27.
- Hannah Yeoh sworn in as state Speaker
- "Pre-election concerns by Hannah Yeoh."[dead link], SJ Echo, 2008-04-02. Retrieved on 2008-06-27
- "Malaysian Election Data". Malaysiakini. Retrieved 12 May 2013. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- Hannah Yeoh, Hannah Yeoh's personal blog.
- Edward Ling for Hannah Yeoh, Edward Ling's (Hannah Yeoh's political secretary) personal blog.
- DAP Subang Jaya DAP Subang Jaya's Official Website.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|