Hanoi University of Agriculture
|Hanoi University of Agriculture|
Hanoi University of Agriculture
|Motto||Nông nghiệp - Nông dân - Nông thôn|
Motto in English
|Agriculture - farmers - rural|
|Established||Octoter 12 1956|
|Rector||Trần Đức Viên|
|Location||Gia lâm, Hanoi, Vietnam|
|Colors||Green and orange ‹See Tfm›‹See Tfm›|
|Sports||Aerobics, Basketball, Football, Volleyball, basketball|
Hanoi University of Agriculture (acronym HUA) (name in Vietnamese : Đại học Nông nghiệp Hà Nội) is an education and research university specializing for agricultural sector. The university is located in Trau Quy town, Gia Lam district, a Hanoi suburban area, about 12 km far from Hanoi city centre.
- 1 History
- 2 Personnel
- 3 Organization
- 4 Research
- 4.1 Faculty of Agronomy
- 4.2 Faculty of Natural Resources and Environment
- 4.3 Faculty of Animal Science and Aquaculture
- 4.4 Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- 4.5 Faculty of Economics and Rural Development
- 4.6 Faculty of Accountancy and Business Administration
- 4.7 Faculty of Engineering and Electricity
- 4.8 Faculty of Biotechnology
- 4.9 Faculty of Information Technology
- 4.10 Faculty of Foreign Languages and Pedagogy
- 4.11 Faculty of Political Theory and Social
- 5 Awards and honors
- 6 International cooperation in education
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Hanoi University of Agriculture was established in Hanoi on October 12 in 1956, first called University of Agriculture and Forestry under the Decision No. 53QD/NL of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, based in Van Dien ( Hanoi ). The first Rector was Prof. Bui Huy Dap, the first vice-rector was the agronomist Luong Dinh Cua. In 1959, the school moved to the present location, Trau Quy, Gia Lam, Hanoi.
During the past five decades, the university has its name changed several times: University of Agriculture and Forestry from 1956, the Academy of Agriculture and Forestry in 1958. In 1963 the Academy of Agriculture and Forestry is split into two universities: University of Agriculture and University of Forestry. In 1967 the University of Agriculture was renamed Agricultural University. In 2008 its official name became Hanoi University of Agriculture. Hanoi University of Agriculture has undergone 55 years of construction and growth, the generation of teachers and students is always competition, striving to implement the teachings of Uncle Ho when he visited the school: "unite, constantly trying to progress forever "serve effectively for the construction and defense of the socialist Vietnam. During the past 55 years, the University has made great contributions in the areas of training of scientific, technical and highly qualified management, research and transfer of more advanced techniques for agricultural production and rural development in Vietnam.
- Period 1956 - 1966:
Formerly the College of Agriculture and Forestry, was established under Decree No. 53/ND-NL dated 12/10/1956 of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, includes 03 departments: Agronomy, Animal Husbandry-Veterinary Medicine, Forestry education; have 5 disciplines, including: farming, agricultural mechanics, animal husbandry, veterinary and forestry. There are 03 administrative office management, organization and ministry officials.
In 1958, merged further research institute farming, livestock research institute, laboratory timber and forestry students to become the Institute of Agriculture and Forestry. In 1961, opening more branches farming and catching fish processing and set up a more scientific agricultural economy. In 1963, the Academy moved the staff and technical facilities for the establishment of the Institute of Agricultural Sciences, College of Forestry. Now called University School of Agriculture.
Over 10 years of construction, the University has trained staff to the country in 2230, most have become leading cadres, key of the School, institutes, ministries, branches and localities in the country, contributing carry out a cooperative building of the Party and State enterprises. In the Research, the University has created a national 03 varieties: 813, 828 and VN1; 02 sweet potato varieties for high yield.
- Period 1967 - 1975:
Implementation of Decision No. 124/CP ngay14/8/1967 heads the Government, the University has moved a staff and technical equipment for the establishment of Agriculture University II. Now officially called the Hanoi Agricultural University no 1. In 1968, School of Fisheries Sciences split to form the University of Fisheries .
In the extremely difficult conditions of fierce war of destruction in North America, School evacuated many places, hundreds of staff and student volunteers set out to combat and combat service on the battlefield, our school teachers and students have overcome any shortages, the movement to promote good teaching - good school. Appear more shining example of fighting as martyrs Vuong Dinh Cung, learning as Mr. Duong Thanh Liem was central Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union launched the youth in the northern region to study and emulate.
School has trained over 8,711 personnel. also conducted scientific research and transfer of technical advances in production efficiency, notably the restructuring of the crop: rice dream move to the spring crop production; promote local direct means the movement of production "five tons of rice, two pigs / a labor / delivery planted 1 ha," movement "electrification, irrigation and chemical goods." Research results to use dirt-intensive petrochemical and animal feed, building plots coastal shore assignment silk have been applied throughout the North. This is a very important step forward in agricultural production. School has created six national varieties: DX2. DX3, DX4, DX5, VN10, VN20 capable of intensive and high yield, given growing in popularity on the North; create three models of agricultural threshing machines, tractors small clinics, sedge cutters.
- Period 1975 - 1990:
Right after the complete liberation of the South, the school has shared core staff personnel, qualified to take over and build Agricultural University No IV (now University of Agriculture and Forestry, Ho Chi Minh City ) while sending hundreds of experienced staff, graduate engineer additional staff for the departments of the southern provinces.
In 1977, the University established an additional Faculty of Land Management, is the first scientific training for the national administration. This period is 8 Scientific School with 9 branches and specialized partnerships primarily in the socialist camp.
The school has trained over 9854 engineers, creating 04 high-yielding rice varieties (T125, A3, A4, A5), 11 samples were manufactured agricultural machines (vertical mill, feed mixer, root cutter, digging cassava, potato, pineapple leaves buried hash machine-harvest machines shake soaked jute, ...) are widely used in the production and bring high economic efficiency.
- The period from 1991 - 2000:
When the country entered a period of open economy under the motor market oriented, the field in front of new opportunities but also many new challenges, the school was determined to carry out the comprehensive renovation of training, scientific research and transfer of technology into production to meet the development needs of the economic sectors - social towards industrialization and modernization of the country, as well as innovation strategy the country's higher education.
The school has made to diversify the types of training, training of all undergraduate, graduate, vocational and job training. The training scale is growing, the quality is improved, new trades training is open; the science and new technology achievements. School has trained over 8862 engineers, to select and create 21 new plant varieties, 01 varieties bred pigs (like Great White x Mong Cai has been awarded the Ho Chi Minh) and built 11 models agricultural contribution positive development for agriculture and rural areas. The school has promoted the leading position in the group of University of Agriculture - forestry - fishery.
- The period from 2001 - 2008:
The University has 13 Science, 9 departments, 13 institutes and centers, with 941 staff members, including 520 faculty (61 Professors, Associate Professor, Dr. 326, Masters). The university has 29 undergraduate programs, 24 training program graduate.
Training: Training objectives must meet the labor demand for highly skilled economic sectors: state economy, private enterprises, foreign joint ventures, foreign enterprises, cooperatives and the farm economy, ...
Training scale increase both undergraduate and postgraduate level: from the school capacity and the need for highly qualified labor in agriculture. The size of the university training school continued to increase, from 12,300 students in 2001 increased to 17,600 in 2005 (up 43%). All courses increased from 469 students in 2001 to 857 students in 2005 (up 82%). Subjects trained so mainly university lecturers and researchers of the universities, research institutes of agriculture and forestry.
As of 3/31/2006, the University has trained over 44,800 engineers the country, 1072 masters, 267 doctoral and staff colleges, intermediate and technician. Particularly from 2001 to 03/31/2006, trained over 11,900 engineers, 668 masters, 77 PhD.
On science and technology: In five years (2001–2005), the University has made 39 research topics and state programs; 191 threads, the program level; 115 and 411 provincial-level program of projects for School; 30 scientific and technical progress are recognized and applied in production to bring high economic efficiency. Two ensembles of Science was awarded the State Prize in 2005. Schools are implementing the topics under the Protocol between the Government of Vietnam to the Government four countries: China, Italy, Hungary, Germany, and also has partnerships with nearly 60 organizations, School, Institute of Water outside.
Where the Party and State was awarded the Medal of Ho Chi Minh in 2001, Hero of Labor, during renovation in 2005.
Total number of teachers and school personnel is 860 people, including 549 teachers, 01 teachers people, 27 outstanding teachers, 84 professors and associate professors, 158 doctoral, 152 master's degree
- Faculty of Agronomy
- Faculty of Animal Science and Aquaculture
- Faculty of Accounting and Business Management
- Faculty of Biotechnology
- Faculty of Defense Education
- Faculty of Economics and Rural Development
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Pedagogy and Foreign Languages
- Faculty of Food Science and Technology
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Natural Resources and Environment
- Faculty of Political and Social Science
- Faculty of Veterinary
- Institute for Graduate Education
- Center for Agricultural Research and Ecological Studies
- Center for Experimentation and Vocational Training
- Information and Library Center
- Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Rural Development
- The Research Center for Tropical Plant Pathology
- Training Center for Advanced Technology
- Center for Sports and Culture
- Foreign Language Center
- Center for Sustainable Agriculture Research and Development
- Center for Professional and Job Consultations
- Center for Infrastructure and Campus Services
- Institute of Agro-Biology
- Rice Research Institute
- Center for Agricultural Consultations and Services
- Center for Printing and Publications
- Clinic and Kidergarden
Faculty of Agronomy
Department of Agronomy is one of three faculties that were first established at the Hanoi University of Agriculture. Faculty of Agronomy, Crop Science, previously known as, was established in 1956. Sciences in 1997 to officially rename the current Agronomy. Currently, the department has 95 staff, including Professor 6.
- Undergraduate programmes, Bachelor degree:
- Seed selection and plant breeding;
- Plant Protection ;
- Horticultural science;
- Mulberry and raising honey bees ;
- Fruits and vegetables and landscape.
- Graduate programmes, Master degree:
- Cultivation techniques;
- Seed selection and breeding plants ;
- Protect plants .
Faculty of Natural Resources and Environment
- Undergraduate programmes, Bachelor degree:
- management of land;
- environment ;
- soil science ;
- crop nutrition;
- Graduate programmes, Master degree;
- fertilizer management;
- soil and water management;
- land management;
- soil science;
- environmental science;
- Graduate programmes, Doctor/PhD degree;
- agriculture ;
- soil science;
- irrigation and soil reclamation.
Faculty of Animal Science and Aquaculture
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Undergraduate programmes, Bachelor degree
- Graduate programmes, Doctor/PhD degree
Faculty of Economics and Rural Development
- Economy Agriculture
Faculty of Accountancy and Business Administration
- Accounting ;
- Business Administration ;
- Agribusiness ;
- Agriculture Business Administration advanced .
Faculty of Engineering and Electricity
- Undergraduate programmes, Bachelor degree:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Mechanical force
- mechanical engineering
- Preservation and processing Mechanical
- supply and use
- Rural Works (Works)
- Rural industries (public areas)
- Graduate programmes, Master degree
- Technical plant and equipment mechanization Agro-forestry
- Automobile Engineering tractors
- Electrification of agriculture and rural
- Graduate programmes, Doctor/PhD degree:
Machines and technical equipment of agricultural mechanization and rural
Faculty of Biotechnology
Faculty of Biotechnology was established October 23, 2008
- Biotechnology Engineering
Faculty of Information Technology
The Faculty was established on the 10th of October, 2005. The first intake class was TH47 in 2002. This class of TH47 graduated on the 6th of May, 2007.
- There are 5 Departments and 1 Center in the Faculty:
- Department of Software Engineering;
- Department of Computer Science;
- Department of Mathematics;
- Department of Physics;
- Department of Applied Mathematics - Informatics;
- Center for Computational and Data Integration
- The Faculty has so far only one undergraduate programmes with two study fields:
- Computer engineering
- Information management
Faculty of Foreign Languages and Pedagogy
- Landscapes in Hanoi Agricultural University
- Teachers of Agricultural Engineering
Faculty of Political Theory and Social
BA Sociology (Major Rural Sociology)
Awards and honors
- Independence Medal runner (1991);
- Third-class Independence Medal (1986);
- Labour Order, first class (1981);
- 3 second-class Labor Medal (1977, 1965, 1962);
- 2 third-class Labor Medal (1973, 1960);
- Medal of Freedom of the Lao PDR (1981).
- Hero of Labor (2005);
- Ho Chi Minh Medal (2001);
- First-class Independence Medal (1996);
- Labour Order, first class of the Lao PDR (2000);
- Ministry of Education and Training awards and gave excellent advanced chess school (school year 1999 to 2000, 2002–2003); 02 training Merit (1997, 1998), 06 Certificate of Merit for Scientific Research (from 2001 to 2005 );
- 20 Certificate of Merit from Ministry of Agriculture - Rural Development, Ministry of Science and Technology, the provincial People's Committee on the achievement of science and technology training and technology transfer for production;
- 30 consecutive years been recognized outstanding units advanced on the capital's sports (1975–2005).
International cooperation in education
- The advanced education program in crop science
- The advanced education program in business administration in agriculture.
- Program 2 + 2 joint training between the Hanoi University of Agriculture and the University of Life Sciences Van Hall Larenstein (VHL). The majors were selected by students: Plant Science, Vegetable Fruit landscape, agricultural business management.
- Joint training program international masters degree in Economics and Rural Sociology.
- Affiliate Program Masters Graduate sustainable farming.
- Joint training program between the Hanoi University of Agriculture with Changjiang University.
- SUMMER SCHOOL short courses for international students