Hanover Township, Licking County, Ohio
|Hanover Township, Ohio|
|• Total||25.0 sq mi (64.8 km2)|
|• Land||25.0 sq mi (64.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||974 ft (297 m)|
|• Density||109.1/sq mi (42.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086460|
Hanover Township is one of the twenty-five townships of Licking County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,731 people in the township, 1,846 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located on the eastern edge of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Perry Township - north
- Jackson Township, Muskingum County - northeast corner
- Licking Township, Muskingum County - east
- Hopewell Township, Muskingum County - southeast corner
- Hopewell Township - south
- Franklin Township - southwest corner
- Madison Township - west
The village of Hanover is located in northwestern Hanover Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Licking County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.