October 1, 1948 |
|Fields||Computer Science (Data mining, spatial data management)|
|Institutions||Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich|
|Thesis||Erzeugung Übersetzungen durch Grammatikpaare (1976)|
|Known for||R*-tree, X-tree, DBSCAN, OPTICS, LOF|
|Notable awards||ACM fellow|
Hans-Peter Kriegel (1 October 1948, Germany) is a German computer scientist and professor at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich and leading the Database Systems Group in the Department of Computer Science.
His most important contributions are the database index structures R*-tree, X-tree and IQ-Tree, the cluster analysis algorithms DBSCAN, OPTICS and SUBCLU and the anomaly detection method Local Outlier Factor (LOF).
In 2009 the Association for Computing Machinery appointed Hans-Peter Kriegel a "fellow", one of its highest honors. He has been honored in particular for his contributions to "knowledge discovery and data mining, similarity search, spatial data management, and access methods for high-dimensional data".
He received the 2013 IEEE ICDM Research Contributions Award for his research on data mining algorithm such as DBSCAN, OPTICS, Local Outlier Factor and his work on mining high-dimensional data.
His research group publishes a Java software framework titled Environment for DeveLoping KDD-Applications Supported by Index-Structures (ELKI) that is designed for the parallel research of index structures, data mining algorithms and their interaction, such as optimized data mining algorithms based on databases indexes.
- Hans-Peter Kriegel at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Association for Computing Machinery. "ACM Names 47 Fellows for Innovations in Computing, Information Technology". Retrieved 2011-01-25.
- Wu, Xindong (2013-10-18). "2013 IEEE ICDM Research Contributions Award: Professor Hans-Peter Kriegel". IEEE International Conference on Data Mining. IEEE International Conference on Data Mining. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- E. Rahm, A. Thor (2005). "Citation analysis of database publications". SIGMOD Record (Association for Computing Machinery) 34 (4). Retrieved 2010-05-10. "Most cited database chair in Germany, Nr. 2 in Europe, Nr. 10 worldwide"
- Microsoft Academic Search. "Top-ranked Authors in "Databases"". Retrieved 2010-12-03. "Rank 13 in Databases"
- Microsoft Academic Search. "Top-ranked Authors in "Data Mining"". Retrieved 2010-12-03. "Rank 7 in Data Mining"
- Database Systems Group of Hans-Peter Kriegel
- Publications in the Digital Bibliography & Library Project
|This article about a German scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|