Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt (born 12 August 1942 in Leerhafe, today part of Wittmund, East Frisia) is the former club doctor of Bayern Munich. He was a club doctor for the club between 1 April 1977 and 16 April 2015. He resigned after the medical staff was blamed after a 3–1 loss to Porto in a UEFA Champions League match.
Many of the German doctor's treatments are controversial, including using injections of a substance called Hyalart, extracted from the crest of cockerels, which is claimed to help lubricate knee injuries and take away the pain. He has also injected honey or Actovegin into patients.
He has treated many footballers including Jürgen Klinsmann, Ronaldo and Jonathan Woodgate and other sportsmen and women such as Paula Radcliffe  Kelly Holmes, Maurice Greene  and Usain Bolt.
He helped cure Michael Owen's hamstring problems in time to play at the Euro 2000 tournament and has also helped Owen's Liverpool F.C. and England colleague, Steven Gerrard  and Harry Kewell. Darren Gough  and Alex Tudor, Essex cricketers, have benefited from the German doctor's pioneering treatments. On 6 May 2009 it was announced that he was helping Akpo Sodje recover from a longstanding hamstring problem
José María Olazábal, the 1994 US Masters golf champion was suffering from the crippling effects of rheumatoid arthritis when he visited Müller-Wohlfahrt but was able to win at Augusta again in 1999.
Rugby World Cup winner Will Greenwood  is another who has benefited from the doctor's treatment after 8 months with a groin problem. Weeks later he was staking a claim to a recall to the England team.
Even international sportsmen as far away as Australia have sought treatment from Müller-Wohlfahrt - Australian rules footballers Ben Reid, Max Rooke and Mark Coughlan were treated for chronic soft tissue injuries. Likewise he has also treated professional cyclists including Stephen Roche.
- Mensch, beweg dich!, Zabert Sandmann, ISBN 978-3-423-34093-9
- So schützen Sie Ihre Gesundheit, Zabert Sandmann, ISBN 3-932023-52-8
- So gewinnen Sie mehr Lebenskraft, Zabert Sandmann, ISBN 3-89883-037-3
- Verletzt, was tun?, with Hans-Jürgen Montag, ISBN 3-9806973-1-2
- Besser trainieren!, Zabert Sandmann, ISBN 978-3-89883-170-3
- Warmbrunn, Benedikt (16 April 2015). "Ende eines Machtkampfs mit Guardiola" (in German). Süddeutsche Zeitung. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Rooster booster could be the solution". guardian.co.uk (London). March 1, 2006. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Naughton, Philippe; Costello, Miles (3 June 2006). "The most feared man in football". London: The Times. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- "Germany's Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt either a great healer or quack with hyperactive syringe". ESPN.com.
- "HANS-WILHELM MÜLLER-WOHLFAHRT MD". MW Orthopedic Centre. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- "Spurs Call International Rescue". 4thegame.com. Archived from the original on October 24, 2008. Retrieved December 19, 2006.
- Wallace, Sam; Stewart, Rob (August 20, 2004). "Newcastle open the way for Woodgate's £15.7m Real deal". telegraph.co.uk (London). Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- "Crying shame". thesun.co.uk (London). Retrieved December 19, 2006. (subscription required)
- Moore, Charles. "Injury curse hits Holmes". telegraph.co.uk (London). Archived from the original on September 21, 2005. Retrieved December 19, 2006.
- "Injury ends Greene campaign". bbc.co.uk. February 20, 2003. Retrieved December 19, 2006.
- Turnbull, Simon (August 11, 2010). "Bolt calls halt to his disappointing season after back injury strikes". independent.co.uk (London). Retrieved August 11, 2010.
- "Owen shrugs off fitness fears". bbc.co.uk. May 24, 2000. Retrieved December 19, 2006.
- "Profile - Gerrard". liverpool.rivals.net. Archived from the original on November 10, 2006. Retrieved December 19, 2006.
- "Kewell Can't Help Out In Striker Crisis". liverpoolfc.tv. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Watson, Roland; Elliott, Francis; Coates, Sam. "Interview:Darren Gough". timesonline.co.uk (London). Retrieved December 19, 2006.[dead link]
- "Pacemen get German help". ecb.co.uk. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- "Hensby seeks Olazabal's help to defend title". scotsman.com. Retrieved December 19, 2006.
- Moore, Charles. "Case for Atherton's return to the fray". telegraph.co.uk (London). Archived from the original on September 8, 2004. Retrieved December 19, 2006.[dead link]
- Boulton, Martin (May 18, 2008). "Coughlan in Germany for radical injury treatment". The Age. Archived from the original on December 1, 2008. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Neil Cameron (1 September 2009). "St Johnstone star Peter MacDonald gets goat blood injections to cure hamstring problem". dailyrecord.
- "U2 > News > Bono Discharged from Hospital". u2.com.