Hans Fritsche (officer)
|Hans Martin Fritsche|
|Birth name||Hans Martin Fritsche|
24 June 1909|
|Died||27 May 1993
|Years of service||1935-1945|
|Commands held||Grenadier-Regiment 11|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
|Other work||Police officer|
Hans Martin Fritsche (24 June 1909 – 27 May 1993) was a highly decorated Oberst in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Hans Fritsche was captured by American troops in May 1945 and was released in mid-June.
 Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (20 July 1941)
- 1st Class (8 February 1942)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal (1 September 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (18 March 1845)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 157.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 63.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.