Hans Kristian Rausing
|Hans Kristian Rausing|
15 June 1963 |
|Known for||Shares in Tetra Pak|
|Spouse(s)||Eva Rausing (m. 1992; her death 2012)|
Rausing did not enter the family business, instead travelling in his youth before meeting Eva Kemeny while in drug rehabilitation in the United States. On 16 October 1992, the couple married. In common with other members of the Rausing family, they settled in London (and Barbados), and donated millions of pounds to charities, in particular those concerned with drug awareness and addiction prevention. They built and funded a rehabilitation centre in the Caribbean island of Barbados. In April 2008, Rausing and his wife faced drug charges after quantities of crack cocaine and heroin were found in their home.
Rausing was arrested on suspicion of possessing Class-A drugs on 10 July 2012, after which his wife Eva Rausing was found dead at the couple's Belgravia home. On 17 July 2012, he was charged with delaying burial of her body. He pleaded guilty and received a suspended sentence. The couple had four children.
- "Rausing hoppade av och försökte köpa veckotidningsförlag" (in Swedish). Sydsvenskan. 23 August 2008.
- "Miljardär - och fast i drogerna" (in Swedish). Expressen. 27 April 2008.
- Chris Greenwood, David Williams, Sam Greenhill and Christian Gysin (10 July 2012). "The shocking decline of the Tetrapak billionaire and his wife: Pair pictured looking dazed and dishevelled just weeks before police find her body in their London home". Mail Online. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- Martin Evans, Donna Bowater and Duncan Gardham (10 July 2012). "Billionaire Hans Kristian Rausing arrested after wife's body found in London home". The Telegraph. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Eva Rausing death: Husband charged with burial delay". BBC News. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
|This British biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|