In 1958 he was the Donald Pollock Reader in the Department of Engineering at Oxford University and also a member of St Catherine's Society, Oxford, which became St Catherine's College, Oxford in 1962, at which time he became a Fellow. In 1977 he became the only Full Professor (at that time) in the Department of Engineering.
He has written a number of books, including The Physics of Laser Fusion, and a book on microwave theory. He is also a coauthor with Paolo Luchini of the book Undulators and Free-electron Lasers.
- Hans Motz, Applications of the radiation from fast electron beams, Journal of Applied Physics, 22(5):527-535, 1951.
- Hans Motz, W. Thon, R.N. Whitehurst, Experiments on radiation by fast electron beams, Journal of Applied Physics, 24(7):826-833, 1953.
- James A. Clarke, The Science and Technology of Undulators and Wigglers, Oxford Series on Synchrotron Radiation (4), Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Paolo Luchini, Hans Motz, Undulators and Free-electron Lasers, Oxford University Press, 1990.
- Hans Motz, The Physics of Laser Fusion, Academic Press, 1979.
- Hans Motz, Electromagnetic Problems of Microwave Theory (Methuen's Monographs on physical subjects), Wiley and Sons, 1951.
|This article about an Austrian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|