Hans Price Academy
|DfE URN||136708 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Students||725 as of January 2012[update]|
The Hans Price Academy, formerly known as Wyvern Community School, is a secondary school with academy status in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, England. The school, which has specialist Sports College status, has 725 students between the ages of 11 and 16 years as of January 2012[update].
In 2009, 31% of the pupils at the school achieved 5 or more GCSE passes at grade C or above including mathematics and English, and a contextual value added (CVA) figure of 1002.1. In 2010, the GCSE score improved to 35%, but was still the lowest in North Somerset, and was below the local authority average of 56.1% and national average of 53.4%.
In 2009, plans to turn the school into an academy were revealed. On 1 May 2011, Wyvern School became the Hans Price Academy, named after local Victorian architect Hans Price. The academy is now run by educational charity Cabot Learning Foundation, which plans to spend £14 million transforming the site.
- Hans Price Academy - Contact
- "Wyvern Community School". BBC. 15 January 2009. Retrieved 27 March 2010.
- "Secondary schools and colleges in North Somerset". 2010 Secondary School League Tables. BBC News. 12 January 2011. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Wyvern academy plans progress". Weston Mercury. 11 June 2009. Retrieved 27 March 2010.
- "Weston's Wyvern School wins funding for academy plan". BBC News. 7 January 2011. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- Brockes, Emma (22 April 2002). "Rupert bared". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 23 March 2010.