1 December 1912|
|Died||26 November 1983
|Allegiance|| Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1932–1945|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Hans Strippel (1 December 1912 – 26 November 1983) was a highly decorated Leutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Hans Strippel was credited with destroying 70 armoured vehicles during World War II.[Note 1]
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (24 September 1939)
- 1st Class (21 July 1941)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (19 August 1941)
- in Silver (22 January 1944)
- Eastern Front Medal (1 August 1942)
- Panzer Badge in Silver (5 July 1941)
- Class II for 25 (8 January 1944)
- Class III for 50 (30 July 1944)
- German Cross in Gold (24 December 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- For a list of Panzer aces from Germany see List of World War II Panzer aces from Germany
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 337.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 71.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
|This biographical article related to the military of Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|