||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2012)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (October 2012)|
Hans Tolford (October 1, 1944 – 3 September 2013) is an Austrian painter, poet, photographer, filmmaker, author and illustrator.
Tolford is the son of the carpenter Herbert Tolford. He was raised by his father. Hans Tolfords mother, Juliane Tolford, died during the war in 1945. He is educated from Akademie der bildenden Künste (BFA), Zürcher Hochschule der Künste (MFA), Académie des Beaux-Arts (ph.d).
By the time he completed a masters education in Fina Art at the Zürcher Hochschule der Künste in 1967, he was already part of the important experimental art collective “Zü'Klingen'Rich” and working primarily as a photographer, writer and an illustrating artist which he has pursued ever since.
Tolford's latest project is called "October Dance". Tolford gathered three musicians to perform and interprets his illustrations into music. He started the project in 2012.
- Bankgasse Galerie, Wien, Austria - Menschen ich treffe mit Text.
- Bastai für die Kunst, Wien, Austria – Melting Pictures/ Schmelz-Bildern
- Kreis 4 Galerie, Zürich, Schweiz – 6 Moon
- Galerie Gmurzynska, Zürich, Schweiz - Symmetrische Arbeit
- Dorfstraße 7, Wangels, Germany – The machine in conducting a translating of a country’s language.