Hans W. Geißendörfer
|Hans W. Geißendörfer|
|Born||Wilhelm Max Geißendörfer
6 April 1941
Hans W. Geißendörfer (born 6 April 1941) is a German film director and producer.
Director of The Glass Cell (1978, starring Brigitte Fossey), which was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, and 16 other films (The Wild Duck starring Jean Seberg; The Magic Mountain starring Rod Steiger; Justice), he is creator of TV-Series Lindenstraße (since 1985).
In 1970, Geißendörfer won the Film Award in Gold at the Deutscher Filmpreis for Best New Direction for his first film Jonathan. In 1971 he directed the TV film Carlos, which starred Gottfried John and Anna Karina. His 1976 film The Sternstein Manor was entered into the 10th Moscow International Film Festival. In 1992 his film Gudrun was entered into the 42nd Berlin International Film Festival where it won an Honourable Mention. His drama Snowland (2005, starring Julia Jentsch and Thomas Kretschmann) won the Special Grand Prize at the Montréal World Film Festival.
- Jonathan (1970)
- Der Fall Lena Christ (1970) (TV film)
- Eine Rose für Jane (1970) (TV film)
- Carlos (1971) (TV film)
- Marie (1972) (TV film)
- Die Eltern (1974) (TV film)
- Perahim – die zweite Chance (1974) (TV film)
- The Sternstein Manor (Sternsteinhof) (1976)
- The Wild Duck (Die Wildente) (1976)
- The Glass Cell (Die gläserne Zelle) (1978)
- Theodor Chindler (1979) (TV miniseries)
- The Magic Mountain (Der Zauberberg) (1982)
- Ediths Tagebuch (1983)
- Lindenstraße (since 1985) (TV series)
- Bumerang-Bumerang (1989)
- Gudrun (1992)
- Justice (1993)
- Schneeland (2005)
- "The 51st Academy Awards (1979) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- "Jonathan". filmportal.de. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- "Zeit Online: Schiller als Italo-Western". zeit.de. Retrieved 2010-01-30.
- "10th Moscow International Film Festival (1977)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "Berlinale: 1992 Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2011-05-27.
|This article about a German film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|