6 July 1922|
|Died||5 June 2001
Heidenheim an der Brenz, Germany
|Years of service||1941–45|
|Unit||JG 3, EJGr Ost, EJG 2|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Hans Weik (6 July 1922 – 5 June 2001) was a former German Luftwaffe fighter ace and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross during World War II. He is credited with 36 victories achieved in only 85 comabt missions, including 25 victories over the Western Front.
Weik joined the Luftwaffe in October 1941. After the following completion of his flying training, he was posted to I./JG 3 based on the Eastern Front. After promoted to a Leutnant, he joined JG 3, on 21 February 1943. His first victory was achieved on 9 March 1943 when he shot down a Russian Yak-1 fighter. After returning from the Eastern Front he became an instructor. He returned to combat soon after and downed his first four-engined bomber, a USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress in September 1943. Between February and July 1944, he claimed 23 victories, including 20 four-engined bombers.
After the war, Weik became an architect. He planned and built many schools, sports auditoriums and other buildings. In retirement, he indulged his passion for model shipbuilding.
Weik died at the age of 78 on 5 June 2001 at Heidenheim an der Brenz, Germany.
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (15 May 1944)
- German Cross in Gold (1 October 1944)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 27 July 1944 as Leutnant and Staffelführer of the 10./JG 3 "Udet"
- Scherzer 2007, p. 773.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Obermaier, Ernst (1989). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe Jagdflieger 1939 – 1945 [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the Luftwaffe Fighter Force 1941 – 1945] (in German). Mainz, Germany: Verlag Dieter Hoffmann. ISBN 978-3-87341-065-7.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.