Hans van Vliet
Johannes Cornelis (Hans) van Vliet (born 1949) is a Dutch computer scientist and Professor of Software Engineering at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, known for his work in quantitative aspects of software engineering.
Van Vliet received his MA in Mathematics at the Vrije Universiteit, and in 1979 his PhD in Computer Science at the University of Amsterdam. After 1979 he started his career as researcher at the Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science), and in the year 1983-84 was visiting scientist at the IBM Research Laboratory in San Jose. Since 1987 he is professor of Software Engineering at the Vrije Universiteit. Since 2007 he is member of the IFIP WG 2.10, and chaired the ESEC/FSE conference on Software Engineering in 2009 in Amsterdam.
Books, a selection:
- 1988. Software engineering. Stenfert Kroese (in Dutch)
- 1993. Software Engineering: Principles and Practice Wiley, (1996, 2000, 2003, 2007)
Articles, a selection:
- 2000. "Business modelling is not process modelling." With Jaap Gordijn and Hans Akkermans in: Conceptual modeling for e-business and the web. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. p. 40-51.
- 2001. "Scenario-based generation and evaluation of software architectures." With Hans de Bruin in: Generative and Component-Based Software Engineering. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. p. 128-139
- 2004. "Architecture-level modifiability analysis (ALMA)." With PerOlof Bengtsson et al. in: Journal of Systems and Software Vol 69 (1) p. 129-147.
- 2006. "Building up and reasoning about architectural knowledge." With Philippe Kruchten and Patricia Lago in: Quality of Software Architectures. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. p. 43-58.
- 2009. "On the similarity between requirements and architecture". With Remco C. de Boer in: Journal of Systems and Software Vol 82 (3). p. 544-550.
- prof. dr. J.C. (Hans) van Vliet, Department of Information Management and Software Engineering (IMSE), Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Accessed August 16, 2013
- Taghi M. Khoshgoftaar, Keith Bennett eds. (1998) International Conference on Software Maintenance: proceedings, November 16–20, 1998, Bethesda, Maryland. p. 76
- List of publications from the DBLP Bibliography Server
- Hans van Vliet scholar.google profile