||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)
Hans "Hansi" Hinterseer (born February 2, 1954 in Kitzbühel) is an Austrian singer, actor, entertainer and former alpine skier.
In the 1970s, Hans Hinterseer became famous as a member of the Austrian Ski Team. He won six alpine skiing World Cup races in Slalom skiing and Giant Slalom skiing. In 1973 he won the alpine skiing World Cup in Giant Slalom skiing. In 1974 he won the silver medal at the world championship in St. Moritz, and also participated at the 1976 Winter Olympics in Innsbruck.
Since the early 1980s, he has been a technical sports commentator for the National Austrian Broadcasting Corporation, usually commenting on Slalom and Giant Slalom live broadcasts.
World Cup victories
- Individual races
Music and acting career
In 1994, he started a career as a singer, and is currently prominent as a performer in a romantic and heimat genre. He has also acted in several films, also following a Heimatfilm theme.
- Charting albums
- Charting singles
- Wenn man sich lieb hat ("If you are in love")
- Ich warte auf Dich ("I am waiting for you")
- Mein Geschenk für Dich ("My present for you")
- Danke für deine Liebe ("Thank you for your love")
- Dann nehm ich dich in meine Arme ("Then I take you in my arms")
- Träum´mit mir ("Dream with me")
- Du bist alles ("You are everything")
- Weihnachten mit Hansi ("Christmas with Hansi")
- Vater, dein Wille geschehe ("Father, thy will be done")
- Meine Lieder, Deine Träume ("My songs, your dreams")
- Goldene Weihnacht ("Golden Christmas")
- Komm mit mir ("Come with Me") (2009, Ariola)
- 2010: Ich hab dich einfach lieb! Kitzbühel Open Air 2010
TV / Filmography
- 1997: "Hochwürdens Ärger mit dem Paradies" (TV film comedy)
- 2000: "Da wo die Berge sind"
- 2002: "Da wo die Liebe wohnt"
- 2003: "Da wo die Heimat ist"
- 2004: "Da wo die Herzen schlagen"
- 2005: "Da wo das Glück wartet"
He is also known for wearing white fur boots and long blonde dyed hair, thus making him target of so-called "blonde jokes".
Hans Hinterseer resides in the town of Kitzbühel, Austria and is the son of Ernst Hinterseer, who won a gold medal in slalom skiing at the 1960 Winter Olympics.