|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Hapur (Haripur) is a city located in Western Uttar Pradesh, India. It is today known as a manufacturing hub for stainless steel pipes, sewing machines and tubes. Hapur also has a thriving wood products manufacturing industry. Situated about 60 km from New Delhi. This city is also the headquarters of Hapur District. The National Highway 24 connecting Delhi-Lucknow also passes from the city. It was earlier known as 'Haripur'. The city comes under Delhi-NCR region.
Haripur, but today it is called Hapur was the rest place of Lord Krishna (Hari) while visiting Hastinapur from Mathura. On the basis Jana-Shrutis, it has been said that Hapur was founded by Raja Harishchandra, another Lok-shruti (local legend) says that Hapur was founded by Daron Ke Sardar, Hardatta, in 983. It is also said that Hapur came from the word 'Hapar' which means garden. More recently, it was Rai Bahadur Seth Tara Chand Modi in the 1930s who established its oil refineries and mills which led to rapid economic and commercial growth of the city. Even today the Modi family runs several large business in and around the city, along with managing several charitable institutions such as the Biran Devi Modi Charitable Hospital which provides highly affordable medical care to over 100,000 people every month. Late Shri Kailash Chand Mahesh and Late Sh. R.P. Mahesh were the renowned freedom fighters from hapur. Late Shri Heera Ballabh Mathpal is the famus SARPANCH in this town.(also called him NAMBERDAR)
Hapur (Haripur) is located at  It has an average elevation of 213 meters (699 feet). It is bound on the north by Meerut, in the south by Bulandshahr while Ghaziabad form the southern and western limits. Jyotiba phule nagar district lies to the east of the district. The river Ganges forms the eastern boundary and home to the sacred place known as 'Garhmukteshwar' where lakhs of people come every year for pilgrimage. The ground is not rocky and there are no mountains. The soil is composed of pleistocene and sub-recent alluvial sediments transported and deposited by river action from the Himalayan region. These alluvial deposits are unconsolidated. Lithologically, sediments consist of clay, silt and fine to coarse sand. Land is very fertile for growing crops, especially wheat, sugarcane and vegetables. Also, the river 'kali nadi' passes from the outskirts of the city..
PIN and STD Code
PIN (Postal Index Number) of Hapur is 245101. The STD code is 0122.The RTO NO:- UP-37
Hapur(Haripur) is a major mandi town in NCR area of western Uttar Pradesh. There are approximate 25 factories of Paper Cone in Hapur. The town is famous for its ‘paper’, though some other industries have also come up. Pilkhua is a famous for its handloom-made bed sheets. To check the population migration towards Delhi, this town has been selected under NCR and accordingly planned development is carried out. Hapur is being developed to prevent unplanned & uncontrollable growth in city and its adjoining areas and to provide assistance for well planned growth, accumulate targeted population density in city areas, to stop unprecedented growth in population in National Capital Delhi and to provide them settlements and thirdly to create job prospects and to attract commerce in city areas. Hapur has also been playing an important role in the field of education. The demand for a separate Hapur district was a longstanding one, dating to 1976, when the district of Ghaziabad was carved out of Meerut. Hapur was announced as a district named 'Panchsheel Nagar' on 28 Sep 2011 by the Chief minister Mayawati and in the month of July 2012 Chief minister Akhilesh changed the name to 'Hapur District'.
New District as Hapur
Hapur (Haripur) is now developing as a District in NCR zone of Uttar Pradesh. It has a lot of potential because of its closeness to Delhi and Ghaziabad. After getting the status of District, now District Magistrates are responsible for its management. District Magistrates of the new district have been Shri Saurabh Babu (IAS), Ms. Sanyukta Samandar (IAS), Ms. Chaitra V. (IAS), Shri Chakrapani (PCS) and now Shri Surya Pal Gangwar (IAS).
Pilkhuwa is a nearby city of Hapur. It is just 12 km. from Hapur center (Tehsil Chopla) and 10 km. from Preet Vihar(Phase-2). It is famous for Gandhi's dream 'Khadi'. Pilkhuwa is well known for small industries for manufacturing the Canvas, Khadi and printing work. Bedsheets, and towels are very famous. In the coming years many big colonies and areas will be developed between the two cities and finish the distance between them. Some large manufacturers export quality products to other parts of India, as well as abroad. This city is known as the textile City for the same reason. As the town is near Delhi hardly 45 km. far, it lies in NCR ( National Capital Region) area, now an emerging place for High Education Institutes. In past 5 years, city has developed 15 colleges in fields of Medicine, Engineering, Law and varied. Decent number of schools are also in the city. Most famous ones being the St. Xavier's Convent School,DAV Public school, VIP Inter College, Shri Chandi Vidyalaya Inter College, Rajputana Regiment Inter College, Sardar Patel Junior High School, Sarvodya Inter College, Marwar Inter College, Marwar Girls Inter College, K.M.S Inter College etc. Numerous schools for primary education are also established in the city to cater to local education. All schools are affiliated to either CBSE, ICSE, or the UP State Board.
According to the 2011 census, Hapur had a population of 262,801, consisting of 139,694 males and 123,107 females. The literacy rate was 75.34 per cent.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
Hapur has a monsoon influenced humid subtropical climate characterised by very hot summers and cool winters. Summers last from early April to late June during and are extremely hot, with temperatures reaching 43 °C (109 °F). The monsoon arrives in late June and continues till the middle of September. Temperatures drop slightly, with plenty of cloud cover but with higher humidity. Temperatures rise again in October and the city then has a mild, dry winter season from late October to the middle of March Lowest temperature recorded is 0.5 °C (32.9 °F). Rainfall is about 80 cm to 100 cm per annum, which is suitable for growing crops. Most of the rainfall is received during the monsoon. Humidity varies from 30 to 100%. The city receives no snow.
|Climate data for Hapur|
|Record high °C (°F)||29
|Average high °C (°F)||25
|Average low °C (°F)||2
|Record low °C (°F)||−2.5
|Rainfall mm (inches)||24
|Avg. rainy days||2||1||1||0||1||3||9||11||4||1||0||0||33|
|Source: Department of Meteorology, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India|
Places to visit and Famous personalities
- Mandir Shri Radha Balhab Ji Maharaj ( Maheshwari Mandir), Garh Delhi Road, Arya Nagar
- Arya Samaj Mandir, Delhi Garh Road
- Historical Sakyasingha Ratpala Buddha Monastery " Located in Buddha Lok Meerut Road Hapur, International Buddha Education Institute, Regional Center of the World Fellowship of Buddhist (WFB)Thailand.
Hapur has been a religious center since ancient period, there are various temples, mosques gurudwaras, churches and famous places(Forts) to visit in Hapur.
- There are 8 Temples in a small village Tumrail in which 4 Shiv Mandir, 1 Sai Mandir, 1 Shani Mandir, 1 Jaharveer Mandir 1 Devi, Chandi, Kalika Mandir.
- Chandi Mandir- The tample was made by raja harishchandra about more than 500 years ago.It is located in a very crowded area called 'subzi mandi' about 1 km. from the Hapur city center(Tehsil chopla).
- Sapnawat Sai mandir- This is a very famous temple sai baba located in a nearby village Sapnawat. It is also called as "mini shirdi". People
from various region like-Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand come here to visit. It is situated 18 km. from Hapur city center (Tehsil chopla).
- Sabli Shiv Mandir- This is a very ancient temple which was made about 700 years ago. It is located in a village named `Sabli`. During the time of Ganga Snan lakhs of Kanwariya come here. The temple is spread over a very large area and 8 KM. Hapur city center (Tehsil Chopla).
- Garhmukteshwar- It is well known pilgrimage where people come from all over India and especially during the time of 'ganga snan' It is located 35 km. east of the Hapur city on NH-24.
- Bhora sahib-It is a gurudwara located on the Meerut road where people from various places come.
- The Mobile Store- It is a company own showroom from Essar Telecoms Retail LTD.
- Shiv Mandir " Located in village Naan 7 km from hapur city.
- Devi Mandir " Located in Village Tumrail (5 km from Hapur City) this is very old temple which was made about 100 years before"
- Seventh-day Adventsit church:- This church was build by milton mattison in 1919.There are two more campus linked with this campus are as follows :- milton mission hospital near (LIC office) and the S.D.A Mission school campus. It is Located on Meerut road, Near Flyover and 3 km from Center(tehsil chopla).
- mattison memorial hospital is also run by the seventh day adventist church, and provides general medicine, general surgery and oby/gynae servics. It also has the best and largest dental facility (7 chaired) in the city.
- Hapur Methodist Church "Located on the main bulanshar road and 1 km from Center (tehsil chopla).
- Catholic Church Tatarpur, Hapur and 8 km from center(tehsil chopla).
- Asoura fort Located in Asoura village near meerut road, Hapur.
- Kuchesar MUD Fort Located near NH24 on kuchesar road, Hapur there is kamla school.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh the former prime minister of India was born in village noorpur, Hapur.
List of Educational institute of Hapur are follows:
- International Buddha Education Institute
- Little Gems India Academy, Railway Road
- Tagore Shiksha Sadan Inter College (Swarg Ashram Road)
- Saraswati Shishu Mandir
- Saraswati Bal Mandir sr. sec. school (keshav nagar, modinagar road)
- Smt. Brahmadevi Saraswati Balika Vidya Mandir
- Gitanjali Public School
- Delhi Public School, Preet Vihar, Hapur
- DAV public school
- Shankar modern public jr. high school
- Kendriya vidyalaya E.B.S. babugarh cantt
- S.D.A. School (ICSE Board)
- Dewan Public School
- LN public school
- Tagore public school (Swarg Ashram Road)
- Tagore public school (Avas Vikas Colony, Meerut road)
- Smt. Kamla aggarwal school
- Brahmadevi school
- OM Public school
- Miniland convent school
- Gyandeep Public school
- JD Public school
- Arya kanya pathshala
- Bethesda Christian academy modi nagar road hapur
Major colleges of Hapur are:
- Learn Speaking English Fluently ( Cont.: 9997587749 )
- SSV Inter College
- SSV Degree college
- SSK Inter college
- Deewan Inter College formerly Hapur Inter College
- Arya kanya inter college
- Arya kanya degree college
- Arya kanya PG college
- Commercial College
- CTC Janta Inter College
- CTC Degree College
Major universities and Private Group of colleges
- Learn Speaking English Fluently ( Cont.: 9997587749 )
- Monad university
- IMIT College
- JMS Group of colleges
- SIMS, Delhi road(MBBS)
- SHRI Madhav college of BEd
- Vivekanand college
- Indraprasta Institute of information and technology
- Rama medical college & Super-speciality hospital, Jindal nagar, Dist Hapur.
- Lord Krishna College of Engineering, Hapur
Hapur has always been able to provide quality education to its residents and will continue to be like that by constantly developing its infrastructure. The Government of Uttar Pradesh has passed the proposal to establish a university in the city. Some of the city’s colleges such as the SSV Degree College and AKP Degree College are well known in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The city also has a number of Inter colleges and public schools, including technical institutions. Politically too, it is considered to be an important place that plays a significant role in the state politics. Some of the Shiksha Bharati institutions including Brahma Davis Saraswati Balika Vidya Mandir are already operational, while the others are at different stages of planning and execution. Acquisition of land, development of infrastructure, provision of basic services, human resources planning and fund raising have all been done keeping in mind the expansion plans of the society.
- Learn Speaking English Fluently ( Cont.: 9997587749 )
Hapur Railway Junction
Hapur is a major railway junction of northern India. Two lines Delhi-Moradabad and Meerut-Khurja passes through the city. Everyday about 85 trains passes through Hapur and about 10 trains weekly including major trains like-New Delhi-Dibrugarh rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duranto and many others. After the route has been electrified about 45 more trains of the Delhi-Agra-Kanpur route will be diverted to this route. There are 5 platforms on the station. Trains for New Delhi are available most of the time and thus making it easy for the service people to travel. Trains are available for the cities like- Lucknow, Guwahati, Ahmedabad, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Varanasi, Dehradun, Gorakhpur, Jammu etc.
Current Administration: Station Supdt.: Mr.Lokesh Kumar Sharma T.I.: Mr.I. A. Khan
Connections to other cities
Hapur is an ancient town which has been popular for its agricultural stocks. Similarly, Pilkhuwa is also a historic city and is popular for its cloth industry. After upgradation to 4 lane system of National Highway No. 24 which connects Delhi to Hapur the aforementioned Highway is being upgraded from Hapur to Moradabad and is proposed to upgrade this highway up to Lucknow.
Along with roadways, Hapur is also connected in all 4 directions through railways, e.g. along with Delhi Moradabad railway line, Hapur is also connected by rail with Meerut and Aligarh. In the light of this fact, there is a strong possibility of Hapur developing into potential growth centre in the NCR region.
From the point of view of N.C.R. and the importance of Hapur and its need, HPDA along with accepting the above challenge and town relocation facilities and beautification, following plans are also starting soon. Apart from the above mentioned plans, a 50 acre land is earmarked for office Region Development in some areas of Hapur such as Sabli, Chamri and much more, and plans are also a foot to start a plan close to by-pass land use region and a transport plan in Pilkhuwa and deliberations are going on to acquire housing land.
Hapur Pilakhua Development Authority was established as a second and an independent authority from GDA by U.P. Administration during 1996–97. After keeping in view the geographical, historical and commercial industrial importance and in view of the planned development of NCR.
In the same order, many high standard educational and research Institutes are getting established in Hapur-Pilkhuwa development region, e.g. Dental College and research institute and D.P.S. school and others and many other educational and research centres are in the process of getting established similarly in the filed of housing many famous developers like Ansal Housing Group, Eros Group, etc. are investing huge amount of money in the field of housing and development of the town.
By virtue of its proximity to Delhi, many plans have been approved by National Capital Regional Board to develop Hapur in a modern and planned manner and it has been decided to implement order, the Delhi-Hapur route has been modernised so that now the journey is now comfortable and also takes less time. From the point of view of N.C.R. and the importance of Hapur and its need, HPDA along with accepting the above challenge and town relocation facilities and beautification, following plans are also starting soon.
Apart from the above mentioned plans a 50 acre land is earmarked for office Region Development in Hapur and plans are also on the table to acquire housing land.
==Neighbourhoods in the city==
There are 36 wards in Hapur. Major colonies of Hapur are:-
- Apna ghar colony (DELHI ROAD)
- Preet vihar
- Anand Vihar
- Kotla mewayat
- Krishna Nagar(Swarg Ashram Road)
- Tyagi Nagar(Swarg Ashram Road)
- Gyan Lok (Free Ganj Road)
- Avas Vikas (Meerut Road)
- Sri Nagar (Railway Road)
- Shivpuri (Railway Road)
- Inderlok Colony(Swarg Asharam Road)
- Shakti Nagar Garh Road Hapur
- New Pannapuri Garh Road Hapur
- Pannapuri Garh Road Hapur
- BhagwanPuri Garh Road Hapur
- Sarai Chand Khan (Tehsil Chopla)
- Shiv Dayal Pura (Majeed Pura) (B.S Road)
- New alok kalson nagar (meerut road)
- Collector Ganj (Railway Road)
- Lajja Puri (Delhi Road)
- Nai abadi (B.S Road)
- Avas Vikas (B.S Road)
- Chamri (Delhi Road)
- Triveni Ganj Delhi-Garh Road
- Rajiv Vihar(Vijay Tomar(NEETU)Ka Sweet home)
- Chandralok colony modinagar road
Hapur is one of the Vidhan Sabha seats of Uttar pradesh, earlier it had two vidhan sabha seats namely Hapur North, Hapur South. In Lok Sabha it comes in three different seats such as:
- Meerut-Hapur Loksabha area (Northern and southern area)
- Ghaziabad Loksabha area (mainly the urban and rural areas of West Hapur)
- Amroha (Eastern parts)
- Smt. Biran Devi Modi Zanana Hospital
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Hapur
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above". Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Chapter 3 – Findings: Metro Cities of India" (pdf). Central Pollution Control Board. p. 63. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- "India Weather on Web" (XHTML 1.0 Transitional). India Meteorological Department. p. 1. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- FCI in Hapur is extremely large. Hapur is known for Big fort in Assora. (Now it became District named Hapur