Har-Ber High School
|Har-Ber High School|
|300 County Road 909
Springdale, Arkansas, 72762
|School district||Springdale School District|
|NCES District ID||0512660|
|NCES School ID||051266001118|
|Principal||Dr. Danny Brackett|
|Enrollment||1634 (2009-10 )|
|Campus type||Rural; fringe|
|Athletics conference||7A West (2008-14)|
|Team name||Har-Ber Wildcats|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association (AAA)|
Har-Ber High School is a comprehensive public high school for grades ten through twelve serving the community of Springdale, Arkansas, United States. Har-Ber High School is the one of two high schools managed in Washington County by the Springdale School District; other is Springdale High School. Within the state, the school is also known as Springdale Har-Ber.
The assumed course of study at Har-Ber High School is the Smart Core curriculum developed by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE). Students engage in regular and Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams to obtain at least 22 units before graduation. Exceptional students have been recognized as National Merit Finalists.
Awards and recognition
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (March 2014)|
In 2011, the Har-Ber High School Television Productions program received the Pillar of Emmy Award at the St. Louis Emmy Awards sponsored by the Mid–America Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS). Har-Ber TV won the All-Arkansas Award.
The Har-Ber High School mascot is the wildcat and Navy blue and Carolina blue serve as the school colors. For the 2012-2014 seasons, the Har-Ber Wildcats participate in the state's largest classification (7A) within the 7A West Conference. Competition is primarily sanctioned by the Arkansas Activities Association with the Wildcats competing in baseball, basketball (boys/girls), competitive cheer, cross country, football, golf (boys/girls), soccer (boys/girls), softball, swimming (boys/girls), tennis (boys/girls, track and field, volleyball, and wrestling.
The 7A West Conference consists of:
- Bentonville Tigers
- Fayetteville Bulldogs
- Har-Ber Wildcats
- Heritage War Eagles
- Rogers Mountaineers
- Siloam Springs Panthers
- Springdale Bulldogs
- Van Buren Pointers
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Springdale School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Aug 21, 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Har-ber High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved Aug 21, 2012.
- "Accreditation Profile". AdvancED. Retrieved Aug 21, 2012.
- "Jones Truck Lines". Arkansas Encyclopedia of History & Culture. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "2012-14 AAA Classifications and Conferences". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "School Profile, Har-Ber High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved 21 August 2012.