|Date of birth||21 July 1953|
|Place of birth||Espelkamp, West Germany|
|1. FC Lübbecke|
|1975–1976||R. Union Saint-Gilloise|
|1977–1978||R. Standard de Liège||32||(22)|
|1978–1980||West Germany B||5||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Nickel spent four seasons in the German Bundesliga with Arminia Bielefeld, Eintracht Braunschweig, and Borussia Mönchengladbach. Additionally, he played for several clubs in Belgium, as well as FC Basel in Switzerland. Nickel was also capped three times for West Germany.
- UEFA Cup runner-up: 1979–80
- UEFA Cup top scorer: 1979–80
- Belgian First Division top scorer: 1977–78
- German Goal of the Year award winner: 1979
- "Nickel, Harald" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
||This biographical article related to association football in Germany, about a forward born in the 1950s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|