Harald Weinrich (born 1927 in Wismar) is a German classical scholar, scholar of Romance philology and philosopher, known for the breadth of his writings. He is emeritus professor of the Collège de France, and held the chair of Romance literature from 1992 to 1998.
His doctorate and Habilitation were from the University of Münster. He took a founding chair at the new University of Bielefeld in 1968. From 1978 to 1992 he was at the University of Munich in a chair of German as Foreign Language.
- Das Ingenium Don Quijotes (1956)
- Tempus - Besprochene und erzählte Welt (1964)
- Literatur für Leser (1971)
- Wege der Sprachkultur (1985)
- Textgrammatik der deutschen Sprache (1993)
- Lethe (1997) in English as Lethe: The Art and Critique of Forgetting (2004) translated by Steven Rendall
- Kleine Literaturgeschichte der Heiterkeit (2001)
- Knappe Zeit. Kunst und Ökonomie des befristeten Lebens (2004) in English as On Borrowed Time: The Art and Economy of Living with Deadlines, translated by Steven Rendall
- "Emeritus Professors". Collège de France. March 10, 2010. Retrieved 15 September 2010.