Location in Coweta County and the state of Georgia
|• Total||0.81 sq mi (2.11 km2)|
|• Land||0.80 sq mi (2.08 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||837 ft (255 m)|
|• Density||206/sq mi (79.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0356164|
Haralson is a town in Coweta and Meriwether counties in the U.S. state of Georgia. The population was 166 at the 2010 census. It is noted for being one of the filming locations for both The Walking Dead and Lawless.
Haralson is located primarily in southeastern Coweta County at  The city limits extend slightly south into Meriwether County..
As of the census of 2000, there were 144 people, 57 households, and 200 families residing in the town. The population density was 203.1 people per square mile (78.3/km²). There were 65 housing units at an average density of 91.7 per square mile (35.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 84.03% White, 6.94% African American, 1.39% Asian, and 7.64% from two or more races.
There were 57 households out of which 26.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.4% were married couples living together, 8.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.6% were non-families. 21.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.53 and the average family size was 2.91.
In the town the population was spread out with 23.6% under the age of 18, 9.0% from 18 to 24, 31.9% from 25 to 44, 24.3% from 45 to 64, and 11.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 100.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.7 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $37,500, and the median income for a family was $39,167. Males had a median income of $33,750 versus $23,125 for females. The per capita income for the town was $16,346. There were 9.5% of families and 13.8% of the population living below the poverty line, including 25.8% of under eighteens and 33.3% of those over 64.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Haralson town, Georgia". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 149.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.