Hard Candy Fitness
|Founders||Madonna, Guy Oseary, Mark Mastrov|
|Products||Gyms, Fitness programs, DVD series|
Mexico City, Mexico
St. Petersburg, Russia
Toronto, ON, Canada
Hard Candy Fitness is a series of fitness centres which are a partnership between Madonna, her manager Guy Oseary and Mark Mastrov, the founder and CEO of 24 Hour Fitness. Founded in 2010, the venture now has centres in Berlin, Mexico City, Moscow, Rome, Santiago, St. Petersburg, Sydney and Toronto. In 2012, Madonna released a DVD series, Addicted to Sweat, in association with her personal trainer, Nicole Winhoffer. The motto for the company is "Harder is Better" and the company's name is a reference to Madonna's 2008 studio album Hard Candy.
The fitness clubs were founded in 2010 and are a partnership between Madonna, her manager Guy Oseary and New Evolution Ventures (NEV). An initial meeting between Mark Mastrov (the innovator behind 24 Hour Fitness and NEV) and Oseary was held in early in 2008. With Mastrov's partner Jim Rowley of NEV, Craig Pepin-Donat, the Vice President of Marketing and Development, along with Madonna and Oseary, they created the business venture.
The first club opened in Mexico City in November 2010 with Madonna visiting the gym on the 29th for the official launch. Since then the company has opened clubs in Russia, Australia and Chile. In January 2013, it was announced that a sixth fitness club would be opened in Rome, Italy in May. In June 2013, it was announced that a seventh fitness club would be opened in Berlin, Germany in September.
|October 2013||Europe||Germany||Berlin||Truman Plaza, Clayallee 171 - 177, 14195|
|November 2010||North America||Mexico||Mexico City||Bosque de Duraznos No. 47, Col. Bosque de las Lomas. 52457550 y 51|
|December 2011||Eurasia||Russia||Moscow||B.Kislovskiy per 9|
|August 2013||Europe||Italy||Rome||Via Capo D'Africa 5, 00184, HCF Colosseo 06-70490452 HCF Parioli 06-8075577|
|July 2012||South America||Chile||Santiago||Araucano Park, Araucanian, Presidente Riesco 5330, Las Condes|
|July 2011||Eurasia||Russia||St. Petersburg||Petrogradskaya nab., 18, 197046|
|September 2012||Oceania||Australia||Sydney||48 Druitt Street, Sydney, NSW Australia 2000|
|February 2014||North America||Canada||Toronto||Aura building, 382 Yonge Street, 4th Floor, Toronto ON, Canada M5B 1S8|
The enterprise launched a DVD series, Addicted to Sweat, in 2012. They feature the exclusive programs created by Madonna and demonstrated by her personal trainer Nicole Winhoffer. The videos were previously available only at the fitness clubs.
The following are included in the Addicted to Sweat series:
- Volume 1 – Dance: Get Sweat –structured like a dance class, Winhoffer breaks down all steps in this tutorial-style DVD.
- Volume 2 – Jaw Breaker Towel: Slippery When Wet – a unique, total body conditioning workout that targets every muscle during a short, intense routine that pays special attention to abs, core, arms, chest and back.
- Volume 3 – Dance: Wet, Wet, Wild – building from Volume 1, featuring more diverse moves that increase the power of the workout.
- Volume 4 – Jaw Breaker Chair: Dripping Wet – chair and the floor workout aimed at sculpting, toning and tightening the entire body.
- "Madonna To Open "Hard Candy" Fitness Centers Around The World". Madonna.com. 2010-10-25. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- Lee, Joyce (2010-10-26). "Madonna to Open "Hard Candy" Gym Chain". CBS News. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- Capiaghi, Alice (2010-10-25). "Madonna fitness in Rome". Vogue Italia. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- Capiaghi, Alice (2013-06-03). Hard Candy Fitness http://www.hardcandyfitness.com/en/off-the-press/press-releases/madonna-to-open-hard-candy-fitness-in-berlin/. Retrieved 2013-06-03. Missing or empty
- "Hard Candy Fitness: The Club". Hard Candy Fitness: Official Website. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Madonna's Hard Candy Fitness® Launches First Fitness DVD Series: 'Addicted To Sweat'". PR Newswire. 2012-09-05. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
|Find more about Hard Candy Fitness at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|