|District of Uttar Pradesh|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Hardoi, Misrikh|
|• Total||5,947 km2 (2,296 sq mi)|
|• Density||570/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|• Sex ratio||843|
National protected area
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Hardoi one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 34 districts in Uttar Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
Hardoi district has 5 tehsils, Hardoi, Shahabad, Sawayajpur, Bilgram and Sandila. These tehsils consist of 19 blocks,Ahirori,Hariyava,sursa,shahabad,Bharkhani,Bharavan,Harpalpur,Bilgram,Madhoganj,Mallavan,Tadiyavan,Todarpur,Kothavma,Sandila,Behndar,Pihani,Sandi,Kachona,Bavan, 191 Nyay panchayat, 1101 gram sabha and 1983 revenue villages (1883 of them are inhabited). The district has seven nagar palika parishads (municipal boards) and six nagar panchayats.
This district is a district of the Lucknow Commissionary in Uttar Pradesh Province of India, it is situated in between 26-53 to 27-46 north latitude and 79-41 to 80-46 east longitude. Its north border touches Shahjahanpur district and Lakhimpur Kheri district. Lucknow (Capital of U.P.) and Unnao are situated at the southern border. The western border touches Kanpur (Industrial City of U.P.) and Farrukhabad district and on the eastern border the Gomati River separates the district from the Sitapur district. 'Nemisharayan, the Pilgrim of Dwapar age' is just 45 km away from district headquarter. The length of this district from northwest to southeast is 125.529 km and width from east to west is 74.83 km., the area 5947 km2.
According to the 2011 census Hardoi district has a population of 4,091,380, roughly equal to the nation of Lebanon or the US state of Oregon. This gives it a ranking of 51st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 683 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,770 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 20.39%. Hardoi has a sex ratio of 856 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 68.89%.
In 1901, the population of Hardoi district was 1,092,834 and Hardoi had 12,174 inhabitants. By the time, the main city was Shahabad with 20,036 inhabitants, Mallanwan 11,158.
- Maharana Pratap Government Post Graduate College
- Cane Society Nehru Degree College
- Arya Kanya Degree College
Senior Secondary Schools/Inter Colleges
- Govt.Inter College
- R.R.Inter College Hardoi
- Maharishi Vidya Mandir
- Saint James Senior Secondary School
- Bal Vidya Bhawan Public School
- Sri Guru Ram Rai Public school
- St Xaviers senior secondary School
- Shree Veni Madhav Girls Inter College
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Inter College
- Arya Kanya Girls Inter College
- Gramoday Inter College Dighiya Kheriya
- Jagat Janani Durga Devi UM Vidyalaya, Ishrapur
- SMT.Sumittra Devi Memorial Inter College
- N.P.Public Inter College Kyoti Khwajgipur Madhoganj Hardoi
- Baba Ramkumar UM Vidyalaya Tilak Purva Arangapur Sursa Hardoi - mo.no. 9794818216, 8127134408
- P.B.R.Inter College Terwa Gausganj Hardoi
- Raja Todarmal Survey and Land Record Institute
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Lebanon 4,143,101 July 2011 est."
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Oregon 3,831,074"
Sarvodaya Ashram, A leading NGO in the field of Agriculture, Education Website for Sarvodaya Ashram
Anad hospital railway ga
||Shahjahanpur district||Kheri district||Sitapur district|
|Farrukhabad district||Lucknow district|
|Kannauj district||Kanpur Nagar district||Unnao district|