|Public (LSE: HL.)|
|Headquarters||One College Square, Bristol, UK|
|Michael Evans (Chairman)
Ian Gorham (CEO)
Peter Hargreaves (former CEO)
Stephen Lansdown (former Chairman)
|Products||ISA, SIPP, Annuities, Income Drawdown|
|Revenue||£358.4 million (2014)|
|£208.0 million (2014)|
|£162.7 million (2014)|
Number of employees
Hargreaves Lansdown plc is a financial service company based in Bristol that sells funds and shares and related products via its website and through the post to retail investors in the United Kingdom. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
The company was founded on 1 July 1981 by Peter Hargreaves and Stephen Lansdown who had initially traded from a bedroom. Hargreaves Lansdown initially provided personal advice to clients on unit trusts and tax planning matters. Now, the company has grown to be one of the largest in Bristol, located at One College Square, Harbourside. In 2004 the company was fined £2 million for failing to warn customers of changes to a portfolio of zero shares in the first fine relating solely to split capital trusts.
The company was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in May 2007, with the company's two founders then holding combined stakes equivalent to 80% in the business. In April 2009, Lansdown sold a stake of 4.7% for a sum of £47.2million to put towards the cost of building Bristol City FC's new football stadium, reducing his stake to 22.9%.
Vantage is the in-house investment platform which enables investors to hold different types of investments together in one place with one valuation and dealing service. Available products under the Vantage brand include ISA, SIPP, and a Fund & Share dealing account. The company also operates four multi-manager unit trusts each of which in turn own a share in a number of underlying funds. The group also provides independent financial advisory, stockbroking and annuity broking services to private investors and advice to companies on group pension schemes. The company also offers a Currency Service enabling investors to access exchange rates and send money abroad.
As of 31 December 2014, the company had £49.1 billion of assets under management.
- "Consolidated income statement". Hargreaves Lansdown. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Public and Ceremonial Events Office. "Peter Hargreaves and Stephen Lansdown Doctor of Laws". University of Bristol 16 February 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- Ringshaw, Grant (25 February 2007). "£9m pay packet for investment chief". The Sunday Times (UK). Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "About us". Hargreaves Lansdown. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Map & Reviews of Hargreaves Lansdown, Bristol". Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "£2m bill for Hargreaves". Investment Week. 14 June 2004. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Asset manager 'plans £600m float'". BBC News. 27 January 2007.
- Leroux, Marcus (16 April 2009). "Share sale puts £47m in the back of Bristol City's net". The Times (UK). Retrieved 16 April 2009.
- "HL Multi-Manager funds - Managed by our team of experts". Hargreaves Lansdown. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "HL today". Hargreaves Lansdown. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Hargreaves Lansdown Investor Relations Retrieved 2015-02-05
- Official website
- Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA
- Vantage SIPP
- Share Dealing Service
- HL Live for mobile (iOS & Android)
- HL Live for iPad
- Independent Financial Advice
- Careers website