|Type||Public (LSE: HL.)|
|Key people||Michael Evans (Chairman)
Ian Gorham (CEO)
Peter Hargreaves (former CEO)
Stephen Lansdown (former Chairman)
|Revenue||£292.4 million (2013)|
|Operating income||£192.5 million (2013)|
|Net income||£149.0 million (2013)|
Hargreaves Lansdown plc is a financial service company based in Bristol that sells funds and shares and related products via its website and through the post to retail investors in the United Kingdom. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
The company was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in May 2007, with the company's two founders then holding combined stakes equivalent to 80% in the business. In April 2009, Lansdown sold a stake of 4.7% for a sum of £47.2million to put towards the cost of building Bristol City FC's new football stadium, reducing his stake to 22.9%.
Available products under the Vantage brand include ISA, SIPP, and funds and share accounts. The company also operates four multi-manager unit trusts each of which in turn own a share in a number of underlying funds.
As of 31 December 2012, the company had £30.4 billion of assets under management.
In 2012, readers of What Investment magazine voted it "Best Stocks & Shares ISA Provider", "Best Fund/Share Dealing Service" and "Best SIPP Provider". It also won "Best Online Fund Supermarket" and "Best Overall Finance Provider" at the MoneyAM Awards.
- Annual Results 2013
- Public and Ceremonial Events Office. "Peter Hargreaves and Stephen Lansdown Doctor of Laws". University of Bristol 16 February 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- Ringshaw, Grant (25 February 2007). "£9m pay packet for investment chief". The Sunday Times (UK). Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "Asset manager 'plans £600m float'". BBC News. 27 January 2007.
- Leroux, Marcus (16 April 2009). "Share sale puts £47m in the back of Bristol City's net". The Times (UK). Retrieved 16 April 2009.
- Vantage cash ISA
- Hargreaves Lansdown multi-manager funds
- About Hargreaves Lansdown Retrieved 2012-04-19
- Hargreaves Lansdown - Our awards