|Born||Hari Gopalakrishnan Nadar
Nazareth, Tuticorin, India
Hari was born in Katchanavilai near Nazareth in Tuticorin District, Tamil Nadu, India. His father, Gopal Nadar, is a vessels merchant. Later his family moved to Chennai, where Hari was schooling and had a graduate degree in Commerce.
He first joined as an assistant and gained experience working with directors Natraj in Valli, Nassar in Avatharam and Alex Pandian. Later he assisted K. Balachander in his film Kalki and worked as an associate director with Saran in films Amarkalam and Parthen Rasithen.
His first film, in 2002, was Thamizh with Prashanth and Simran. Film critic Balaji commented that it was "one of the few movies in recent times where a lot of importance seems to have been attached to the script. In spite of the flimsy story and routine screenplay where a youth grows to be a 'dada', the dialogs elevate the quality of the movie and make it very enjoyable". His second film Saamy under Kavithaalaya banner starred Vikram. It was named the year's biggest hit, grossing 16 crores. Its success led to remakes in Telugu (Lakshmi Narasimha), Kannada (Ayya)  and Hindi languages (Policegiri). His next two films Kovil with Silambarasan and Arul also starred Vikram. In 2005, he made Ayya starring Sarathkumar, which introduced Nayantara to Tamil cinema. His next film was Aaru with Suriya in 2005. In 2007, he directed two films, Thaamirabharani with Vishal Krishna and Vel with Suriya. In 2008, he directed Seval with Bharath. Ayyappa Prasad from Nowrunning.com stated that Hari "panders to the taste of his rural audience all the way, but the movie is bound to disappoint city-dwellers since neither the story nor its treatment appeal to anyone with an IQ quotient higher than the least educated village wastrel".
In 2010 Hari directed his tenth film, Singam with Suriya, marking their third collaboration. The film was one of the top box office films of the year, although reviewers identified it as a standard masala entertainer. Following its success, the film was remade in Hindi (as Singham), Kannada (as Kempe Gowda) and Bengali (Shotru). After directing Venghai, a film with Dhanush and Tamannaah Bhatia in the lead, he made a sequel to Singam, with Suriya reprising his role as Duraisingam. It was named one of the biggest box office hits of 2013, with Sify stating that it was "the biggest theatrical earner" of the year. He is set to direct Vishal for the second time, for a film titled Poojai, which will have Shruti Haasan as the female lead.
- "Chennai Box Office: July 9 to 11". Sify.com. 2010-07-13. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "06-06-03". Web.archive.org. 2003-08-04. Archived from the original on 2003-08-04. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "14-06-03". Web.archive.org. 2003-08-04. Archived from the original on 2003-08-04. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "Hari Tamil Director | Movie Director Hari Story | News, Gossips, Specials, Rumers, Shooting spot, Sneak Previews, New Releases". Koodal.com. Retrieved 2014-03-10.[dead link]
- "Hari Tamil Celebrity HARI | Tamil Celebrity Actor, Actress, Directors, Important Person Interviews". Koodal.com. 2012-03-10. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- [dead link][dead link]
- Balaji Balasubramaniam. "Balaji's Tamil Movie Reviews". Bbthots.com. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- D Govardan, TNN Aug 26, 2003, 01.52am IST (2003-08-26). "Tamil films enter hit zone in 2003 - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "Reel of fortune". The Hindu. 2003-12-29. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "Tamil film Raam to be remade in Kannada - The Times of India" (in German). Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-03-26. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- PTI Mar 28, 2013, 01.20PM IST (2013-03-28). "Sanjay Dutt to complete shoot of 'Policegiri': Producer - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "Seval Review - Tamil Movie Review by Ayyappa Prasad". Nowrunning.com. 2008-10-30. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "TOP 20 CHENNAI BOX OFFICE COLLECTION OF 2010 - Behindwoods.com - Tamil Movie Slide Shows - Endhiran | Nandalala | Myna | Singam | Paiyaa | Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa | Naan Mahaan Alla | Uthama Puthiran | Angadi Theru". Behindwoods.com. 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "Singam Review - Tamil Movie Singam Review". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "Movie Review : Singam- Review". Sify.com. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- Roshmila Bhattacharya, July 7, 2013, DHNS: (2013-07-07). "Singam returns". Deccanherald.com. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "Clash of remakes in film industry - The Times of India" (in German). Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2011-05-20. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "The Biggest Box Office Hits in Tamil cinema, 2013 - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2014-01-01. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "Top 10 Tamil grossers of 2013 - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "Hari’s film with Vishal titled Poojai - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- [dead link][dead link]
- "Director Hari becomes dad again - Tamil Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2008-06-05. Retrieved 2014-03-10.