|Hariharan "Hari" Sreenivasan|
|Alma mater||University of Puget Sound (B.A.)|
Sreenivasan was born in Mumbai, India around 1974. After immigrating to the United States at age seven, he attended Nathan Hale High School in Seattle, Washington, where he became a radio disc jockey. While earning his degree in 1995 in mass communication (with minors in politics and philosophy) at University of Puget Sound, he interned for several TV news stations in Washington state. In September 2008, Sreenivasan became an American citizen.
He was hired full-time in 1995 by NBC affiliate WNCN-TV in Raleigh, North Carolina and later moved to San Francisco, California, to work for CNET, covering the high tech sector. In 2004, Sreenivasan joined ABC News in New York City as a correspondent; he became co-anchor, with Taina Hernandez, of World News Now, and concurrently co-hosted, with Jake Tapper, the behind-the-scenes podcast ABC News Shuffle. In 2009, he worked as a correspondent for CBS News's Dallas bureau.
Late in 2009, he became an "online/on-air correspondent" for The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer (since renamed the PBS NewsHour), delivering the television broadcast's news-summary and end-of-the-hour recap and leading the show's blog.
- In memory of my father, by Hari Sreenivasan
- "Hari Sreenivasan -- Correspondent" at CBS News
- "Interview with Hari Sreenivasan, correspondent, ABC News Now -- August 2005" at JournalismJobs.com
- Sreenivasan, Hari (September 18, 2008). "Going All In: The Story Of Becoming A U.S. Citizen". Couric & Co. CBS News. Retrieved August 24, 2011.
- Owen, Rob. "Hari Sreenivasan: From Nathan Hale High to 'PBS NewsHour'". Seattle Times. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- "Three Questions: Hari Sreenivasan moves to CBS News - and Dallas", February 15, 2007, at South Asian Journalists Association site
- "Press Release", November 23, 2009, at PBS.com
- "Introducing...", December 3, 2009, at PBS.com
- "What Is the Rundown?", December 3, 2009, at PBS.com
- Official bio at CBS News
- Three Questions for Hari Sreenivasan from SAJAforum.org
- Profile from ABC Medianet
- Profile from the South Asian Journalists Association
- Hari Sreenivasan's profile on LinkedIn
- Article on rediff.com based on Sreenivasan's sulekha.com blog entry
- Interview on JournalismJobs.com, August 2005
- Hari Sreenivasan Joins PBS Newshour November 23, 2009.