|— CD Block/ town —|
|• MLA||Nilima Nag|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 3473|
|Sex ratio||924 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bangaon|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Haringhata|
Haringhata is located at  It has an average elevation of 10 metres (33 feet)..
The Reliance group have evinced interest in the Haringhata Dairy. They have plans to enter the food business. Consultants have recommended that four government dairies be placed in the joint sector. There are enough opportunity for fresh water aqua culture and lately new entrepreneurs are footing forward with the scope of fishery.
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswa Vidyalaya is located at Mohanpur, Haringhata.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata, a scientific research institution, is building its permanent campus in Haringhata.
- Haringhata Mahavidyalaya
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Haringhata
- The Telegraph 2 September 2006
- The Economic Times 14 November 2006
- The Statesman 20 December 2006
- "Indian Institute of Science Education and Research". IISER Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur Extension Centre, Block-HC, Sector-III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata - 700106. Retrieved 2007-10-10.