Harlem Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Harlem Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||26.3 sq mi (68.0 km2)|
|• Land||26.2 sq mi (68.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,024 ft (312 m)|
|• Density||143.3/sq mi (55.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086048|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Trenton Township - north
- Hartford Township, Licking County - northeast corner
- Monroe Township, Licking County - east
- Jersey Township, Licking County - southeast corner
- Plain Township, Franklin County - south
- Blendon Township, Franklin County - southwest corner
- Genoa Township - west
- Berkshire Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Harlem Township.
Name and history
It is the only Harlem Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Emergency medical services in Harlem Township are provided by the Delaware County EMS.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Delaware County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Delaware County EMS