|Town of Harmony|
|Elevation||79 ft (24 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||2063058|
According to 2010 Census data, Harmony is home to more than 1,000 residents.
Harmony is a Green-certified community, certified by the Florida Green Building Coalition.
Harmony developed a cooperative relationship with the University of Florida's Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation in 2001. Harmony was demonstrating a real-life example of people living and working in the same community. The goal was to show that this could be done in a sustainable way while also minimizing the impact on the local ecology.
The Harmony Residential Owners Association (ROA) was created on Oct 8, 2002.:p. 10. It "establishes a mechanism by which to realize the goal of creating a community in which good citizenship and community service are encouraged from all residents". The owners association is responsible for maintenance as well as community-wide standards for all common areas of Harmony not managed by the CDD.:p. 35.
The Harmony ROA is noteworthy among home owners associations in that it established within its founding documents guidelines delineating the peaceful coexistence of humans and wild animals. "This document seeks to articulate a philosophy that allows natural elements to persist unimpeded by humans and minimizes the circumstances that lead to conflict between humans and wildlife.":p. 114. "In harmony with nature" has been a motto of the community since its inception.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Harmony, Florida. Retrieved on 2008-06-09.
- "Harmony FL". ZIP Code Lookup. Retrieved 2008-06-09.
- "Harmony Energy Star Green Homes". Green Eco Communities. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- Census.gov. "2010 Census Interactive Population Map". Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- "Harmony". Florida Green Building Coalition. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Kumari Kelly (October 26, 2008). "Dis-harmony? The Harmony neighborhood - Promises broken?". Orlando Sentinel.
- "Harmony CDD".
- "Resident Businesses".
- "ECO-INTELLIGENT COMMUNITY - HARMONY, FLORIDA". 2001.
- "Harmony ROA Declaration". Oct 10, 2002.
- "Purchase and Sale Agreement". March 22, 2005.