Haroa (community development block)
হারোয়া সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||152.81 km2 (59.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,100/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Basirhat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Haroa, Minakhan|
Haroa (community development block) is an administrative division in Basirhat subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Haroa police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Haroa.
Haroa is located at.
As per 2001 census, Haroa block has a total population of 182,499 out of which 94,205 were males and 88,294 were females. Haroa block registered a population growth of 20.78 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 22.40 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
Private Bus Routes
- 86 Barasat - Haroa via Champadali, Kadambagachi, Golabari, Deganga, Berachampa, Hamadama Bazar
- 91A Shyambazar – Haroa via R.G. Kar Hospital, Belgachia, Duttabagan, Patipukur, Kalindi, Lake Town, Bangur, Shelly Cinema, Satgachi, Nagerbazar, Central Jail, Gorabazar, Airport Gate No.1, Kaikhali, Dashadrone, Salua, Gopalpur, Kalipark, Tetultala, Narayanpur, Reckjuani, Naipukur Kathgola, Rajarhat Chowmatha, Lauhati, Vedic Village, Shyamnagar, Pirnagar
- DN28 Barasat – Nasirhati via Champadali, Kadambagachi, Golabari, Deganga, Berachampa, Hamadama Bazar, Haroa
STA Bus Routes
- Haroa – Dankuni via Pirnagar, Shyamnagar, Vedic Village, Lauhati, Rajarhat Chowmatha, Naipukur Kathgola, DeRozio College, Kalipark, Salua, Dashadrone, Phooltala, Atghara, Chinar Park, Lokenath Mandir, Jyangra, Baguihati, Kestopur, VIP Road, Ultadanga, Khanna, Shyambazar, Chiria More, Sinthee More, Bonhoogly, Dunlop, Dakshineshwar, Bally Halt, Rajchandrapur, Delhi Road
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". North Twenty Four Parganas District (11). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- From Basirhat subdivision page.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.