Harold Danko (born June 13, 1947, Ohio) is an American jazz pianist.
Danko attended Youngstown State University. Among his credits are work in the big bands of Woody Herman and Thad Jones/Mel Lewis, as well as smaller ensembles with Gerry Mulligan, Chet Baker and Lee Konitz. He worked often with Rich Perry in the 1990s and also played with Rufus Reid, Kirk Lightsey, Jeff Hirshfield, Edward Simon, and Gregory Herbert.
Currently Danko is on faculty at Eastman School of Music.
Danko has recorded extensively for label Steeplechase Records since 1993.
- Harold Danko Quartet (Inner City Records, 1975)
- Coincidence (Dreamstreet, 1979)
- Chasin' the Bad Guys (Inner City, 1979)
- Mirth Song (Sunnyside Records, 1982)
- Ink and Water (Sunnyside, 1983)
- Alone but Not Forgotten (Sunnyside, 1985)
- The First Love Song (Jazz City, 1988)
- Next Age (Steeplechase Records, 1993)
- After the Rain (Steeplechase, 1994)
- New Autumn (Steeplechase, 1995)
- The Feeling of Jazz (Seeplechase, 1996)
- Tidal Breeze (Steeplechase, 1997)
- ...This Isn't Maybe (Steeplechase, 1999)
- Stable Mates (Steeplechase, 2000
- Three of Four (Steeplechase, 2000)
- Nightscapes (Steeplechase, 2001)
- Prestigious: A Tribute to Eric Dolphy (Steeplechase, 2001)
- Fantasy Exit (Steeplechase, 2002)
- Trillix (Steeplechase, 2004)
- Hinesight (Steeplechase, 2005)
- Oatts & Perry (Steeplechase, 2006)
- Times Remembered (Steeplechase, 2007)