Harold Goodwin (American football)
|Date of birth:||1973 (age 41–42)|
|Place of birth:||Columbia, South Carolina|
|College:||University of Michigan|
|Michigan (graduate assistant)
Eastern Michigan (OL)
Central Michigan (OL)
Chicago Bears (OL assistant)
Pittsburgh Steelers (OL QC)
Indianapolis Colts (OL)
Arizona Cardinals (OC)
|Career highlights and awards|
Goodwin began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at the University of Michigan from 1995 to 1997, where he worked with former teammates and future pros Steve Hutchinson, Jon Jansen, and Jeff Backus. In 1998, he moved to the Eastern Michigan to serve as assistant offensive line coach, specifically overseeing tight ends and offensive tackles. This role expanded in 1999 to include the entire offensive line. At Eastern Michigan, Goodwin helped develop L. J. Shelton. Goodwin moved to Central Michigan in 2000 to assume the position of offensive line coach, and later assistant head coach. Goodwin helped develop future NFL pros Eric Ghiaciuc and Adam Kieft in his time at Central Michigan.
In 2004, Goodwin earned his professional coaching debut with the Chicago Bears as the team's assistant offensive line coach. He joined the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2007, filling a role as quality control coach. This involves a responsibility to help coach the offensive line and assist the offensive coaching staff with game preparation, video analysis and scouting of opponents.
Goodwin was hired by the Indianapolis Colts as the team's offensive line coach on January 31, 2012.
Goodwin was hired by the Arizona Cardinals as offensive coordinator on January 19, 2013.
Goodwin graduated from the University of Michigan in 1996 with a degree in management and communications. He and his wife, Monica, have three children. His younger brother Jonathan is a Pro Bowl lineman for the New Orleans Saints.
- "Pack vs. Black and Gold Equals Six Wolverines in Super Bowl XLV". University of Michigan. January 23, 2011. Retrieved May 25, 2011.
- "Harold Goodwin Bio". Steelers.com. NFL.com. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Transactions". The New York Times. February 4, 2004. Retrieved May 25, 2011.
- "Steelers hire ex-Bears coach". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. February 16, 2007. p. D-7. Retrieved May 25, 2011.
- Bruce Arians hires Harold Goodwin as offensive coordinator
- Crouse, Karen (October 21, 2005). "The Jets' Newest Starting Lineman Is Known for His Blocking, Not His Talking". The New York Times. Retrieved May 25, 2011.
|Indianapolis Colts Offensive Line coach