Harphale( हरफळे ) is Surname of Subclan of Maratha 96 clans,who is legendary among Maratha Royalties. They Honoured as Sardar, Patil, Deshmukh etc. Titles of Maratha Community hailing Mostly Maharashtra and Neighbouring States of India.
Harphales Considered as Descendant of King Haru and They also traces their origine from Gaikwad Maharaja's of Baroda. They were Maratha Sardars who come to Pune to Support the Prime Ministers of Maratha Kingdom, welknown as Peshwa after Debacle In Panipat War. They have their active Contribution in Maratha Empire Expansion in India by combating wars. Originally Harpale or Gaikwad belongs to chittodgadh royal rajput clan. Kalbhairav and Chamunda devi of chittodhgadh are Harpale's main "KULDAIVATS".
Info About Clan
- Lineage: Brahmavansha, descended from the Brahmavanshi king Haru.
- Original seat: Phursungi, Pune, Maharashtra, Jaipur Rajastan & Pune Area
- Colour of sign, horse and throne: White colour
- Heraldic sign (Nishan): Moon on flagpole
- Clan goddess: Bhavani
- Clan object (Devak): Sunflower(Suryaful)
- Guru: Varuna rishi
- Gotra: Haru
- Veda: Rigveda.
- Surnames: Zumbre, Devaskar, Dapse, Durge, Dugane, Devtole, Davtole, Dhavas, Dhavkar, Lahul, Lotankar, Verulkar, Vesange, Shahapure, Somavanshi, Sukshen, Songire, Husangbage, Dudhane. (Total 20)
- Shrimant Rayaji Harpale, Maratha General Under service of Peshwa(Chatrapati Bhosale Maharaja of Satara) along with 4000 cavalry.
- Shrimant Sayaji Rao Harpale,Maratha General Under service of Peshwa.(Chatrapati Bhosale Maharaja of Satara)
- Harphales capital is Phursungi town near Pune.
- They Have Royal Mark of Gaikwad Maharajas of Baroda,given them for historic deed.
- They also Possess Deshmukh rights of Villages in Nagpur.
- Their relations are also associated with prominent Maratha Clan of 96 Royal Clans.
- Maratha Empire
- Maratha clan system
- List of Maratha dynasties and states
- Balagi Nathugi Gavand; Govind Moroba Karlekar (1997). Kshytriya Marathyanchi Vanshavali and Shannavkuli aani Surya, Som, Bhramh and Sheshvant. Tukaram book Depo, Madhavbag, Mumbai 4.
- Bhramibhoot sadguru param pujya Moredada (11 July 2002). Shree Shatradharma, Prachalit and pramikh kshtravansh and tyanche gotra, pravar, kuldaivat, kuldevata a Devak. Shree Swami Samarth Seva And Adhyatmik vikas pradhan kendra District Nasik, Taluka Dindori, Maharashtra state.
- Gopal Dajiba Dalwi (1912). Maratha Kulancha Etihas 1–6. Induprakash Press, Mumbai.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2011)|
4)Are Rajput-Maratha marriages morganatic? By Vidayanand Swami Shrivastavya, Birendra Kumar Vidyanand Shrivastavya Published by Published by D.K. Shrivastavya, for Aitihasik Gaurav Grantha Mala, 1952 Original from the University of Michigan Digitized 2 Aug 2007 277 pages
5)Survey and Calender of Marathi (Modi) Documents (1600-1818) from Aitihasika Lekha Sangraha (historical Journal) Published by Vasudeva Vamana Shastri Khare By Vithal Trimbak Gune Published by K P Bagchi & Co., 1996 Original from the University of Michigan Digitized 3 Sep 2008 559 pages
6)People of India By Kumar Suresh Singh, Anthropological Survey of India Published by Anthropological Survey of India, 2003 Item notes: v. 4-6 Original from the University of Michigan Digitized 3 Sep 2008 ISBN 0-19-563354-7, ISBN 978-0-19-563354-2 4146 pages