|Member of Parliament
for West Worcestershire
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Michael Spicer|
|Born||Harriett Mary Morison Eggleston
2 May 1960
Watford, Hertfordshire, England
Born as Harriett Mary Morison Eggleston in Watford, Hertfordshire, the daughter of a teacher. Her early childhood was spent in Cyprus and grew up in the village of Felsted in Essex. She was educated at the Friends School Saffron Walden, Marlborough College in Wiltshire, and read Modern Languages (French and Russian) at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford. She possesses an MBA from McGill University in Montreal.
She joined the investment bank JP Morgan Chase in 1986, becoming managing director and Head of Currency Management at their London office in 1998. She left the bank in 2008, after over twenty years with the bank. She served as vice chair of Social Investment Business between 2008 and 2012.
Following the retirement of Michael Spicer at the 2010 general election, she was selected to contest the Conservative seat of Worcestershire West. She was a member of the Work and Pensions Select Committee until she was appointed Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Minister for Employment in the Department of Work and Pensions.
She has served both as vice-chair on the All Party Parliamentary Group for Occupational Pensions and vice-chair and chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Russia, leaving both APPGs in 2014. She has also represented the UK on the NATO Parliamentary Assembly.
Harriett was appointed to become the Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Russia before joining the Government in February 2014 as Assistant Government Whip. In the Government reshuffle of July 2014, she was promoted to the role of Government Whip, Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury.
- Harriett Baldwin MP official website
- Harriett Baldwin MP Conservative Party profile
- West Worcestershire Conservatives
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Current session contributions in Parliament at Hansard
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
- Worcester West Profile at ukPollingReport
- They walked the walk in finance, now they’re running for Parliament, Laura Dixon, Peter Stiff and Toby Miller, The Times, 12 January 2010
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Sir Michael Spicer
|Member of Parliament for West Worcestershire