|Born||Harris Kimberly Faulkner
October 13, 1965
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
|Residence||New York, United States|
|Education||University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A.)|
|Employer||Fox News Channel|
|Spouse(s)||Tony Berlin (m. 2003)|
Early life and education
Faulkner was born on October 13, 1965, at Fort McPherson in Atlanta, Georgia. Her father Ret. Lt. Col. Bob Harris, a United States Army aviator, was stationed at the base and had served three tours in Vietnam. Faulkner lived in different places as a child, including Stuttgart, Germany.
Faulkner's start in journalism was with LA Weekly where she contributed as a freelance business writer for $50 per article. Faulkner started her television career with an internship at KCOP-TV in Los Angeles doing small tasks before she moved to Greenville, North Carolina to work as a reporter and anchor at WNCT-TV.
Faulkner worked for Kansas City's WDAF-TV between March 1992 through 2000 as an evening anchor. While in Kansas City, Faulkner was the victim of harassment and stalking by a former acquaintance who followed her from North Carolina.
She previously presented Fox News Live headline updates during prime-time weekdays. Faulkner has been covering breaking news between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m ET. She also fills in for Shepard Smith as a substitute anchor on The Fox Report weekdays, and she anchors Fox News Extra segments that air on the international feed of Fox News. She also appears as guest-panelist on Fox News Channel's late-night satire show Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld. Faulkner is also a motivational speaker and works for various charitable causes.
Honors and awards
Faulkner has received six Emmy Awards including the 2005 Emmy for Best Newscaster and Best News Special.
- Faulkner, Harris (November 1, 1999). Breaking News: God Has A Plan - An Anchorwoman's Journey Through Faith. Leawood, Kansas: Leather's Publishing. ISBN 9781585970117.
- "Breaking News: God Has A Plan - An Anchorwoman's Journey Through Faith - About the Author". Amazon.com. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- "VetFamily Harris Faulkner Inspired To Serve". VeteransAdvantage.com. February 18, 2011. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- "FOX NEWS NAMES HARRIS FAULKNER ANCHOR OF FOX REPORT WEEKEND" (Press release). Fox News Channel. April 2011. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- Weaver, Robin (February 13, 2013). "Woman Around Town: Harris Faulkner Tells Her Story". WomanAroundTown.com. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- Bazilian, Emma (September 22, 2014). "Fox News' ‘Outnumbered’ Host Harris Faulkner Discusses the Role of Social Media in Journalism". Adweek. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- "Stalking law puts end to harassment of newscaster". The Salina Journal (Salina, Kansas). November 27, 1995.
- "C.J. Q&A: Harris Faulkner reflects on life at Fox News". Star Tribune (Minneapolis, Minnesota). February 4, 2012. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- Rosenberg, Alyssa (April 28, 2014). "Fox News’s ‘Outnumbered’ debuts, and the joke is on liberals". The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.). Retrieved November 26, 2014.