Harris Faulkner anchoring Fox Report
October 13, 1965 |
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
|Occupation||Fox News Anchor, (Fox News Channel)|
Harris Faulkner is an American newscaster and television host for Fox News Channel. She is the anchor of Fox Report Weekend. She previously presented Fox News Live headline updates during prime-time weekdays. She has been covering breaking news between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m ET. She also fills in for Shepard Smith as a substitute anchor on The Fox Report weekdays, and she anchors Fox News Extra segments that air on the international feed of Fox News. She also appears as guest-panelist on Fox News Channel's late-night satire show Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld. Faulkner is also a motivational speaker and works for various charitable causes.
Faulkner studied business economics and mass communications at the University of California Santa Barbara. After graduation she worked as a junior accountant before becoming a freelance writer for L.A. Weekly, contributing as a business writer.
She started in TV at KCOP, Channel 13 in Los Angeles, then moved to Greenville, North Carolina to work at WNCT-TV, then Kansas City's WDAF-TV Channel 4 where she worked for eight years, anchoring the primetime newscast between 1992 and 2000. She next went to Minneapolis/St. Paul's Twin Cities' KSTP-TVas part of an evening anchor team, where she helped boost the ratings significantly. She then moved on to the US national stage as part of the Fox News cable channel.
Faulkner has received six Emmy Awards including the 2005 Emmy for Best Newscaster and Best News Special. She was a head anchor for KSTP-TV's 6pm and 10pm news broadcasts until 2004, when she and her co-anchor were simultaneously let go by the station. She was a correspondent for the 2005 revival of the newsmagazine A Current Affair until its cancellation in October of the same year.
- Media Bistro April 25, 2011 http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/harris-faulkner-to-anchor-weekend-fox-report_b63257
- Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN), January 11, 2003, Maria Elena Baca - Discusses Twin Cities anchor position
- Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN), January 23, 2000, Cheryl Johnson - Discusses Twin Cities anchor position
- The Kansas City Star, January 23, 2006, Christopher Hearne Jr. - Discusses evolution of Faulkner's career
- “Harris Faulkner: Facing her past on 'A Current Affair'” New York Amsterdam News May 4, 2005, Deardra Shuler - Extensive Biography
- Daily Variety, March 4, 2005, John Dempsey - Discusses formation of "A Current Affair" with Faulkner
- Broadcasting & Cable, November 4, 2002, P. Llanor Alleyne - Promotion to co-anchor in Twin Cities
- Bio on FOXNews.com - Biography from employer's website
- The Black World Today, April 26, 2005, Deadra Shuler - Faulkner details the stalking and assault (BROKEN LINK! [Link works but it doesn't go to a source that has any information on it. Domain for sale is all that is seen.])
Books by Faulkner
- Breaking News: God Has a Plan An Anchorwoman's Journey Through Faith, Leathers Publishing, 1999 ISBN 1-58597-011-5