Harris Interactive College Football Poll
The Harris Interactive College Football Poll is a weekly ranking of the top 25 NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision college football teams. The rankings are compiled by Harris Interactive, a market research company that specializes in Internet research.
The poll was created in the summer of 2005 to replace the AP Poll, which decided it no longer wanted to be a part of the formula used by the BCS rankings to determine who plays in the BCS National Championship Game. Unlike the other two seasonal polls, the AP Poll and the Coaches Poll, the Harris Poll does not release a preseason poll; in fact, it does not come out until the last half of September, several weeks into the season. Also, the Harris Poll does not release a post-bowl game poll; the Final Harris Poll is released following the end of the regular season.
The Harris Interactive Poll is composed of former players, coaches, administrators, and current and former media who submit votes for the top 25 teams each week. The panel has been designed to be a statistically valid representation of all 11 FBS Conferences and independent institutions.
Polling methodology 
First, Division I-Bowl Subdivision college football conferences and independent institutions nominate prospective panelists. Then Harris randomly selects 115  members from the nominees to participate in the actual panel. From each week in September to the end of the regular college football season these 115 panelists vote on the particular ranking of teams. These rankings are then published and are used to determine 1/3 of the BCS standings.
- See full list at: List of 2005 Panelists
- See full list at: List of 2006 Panelists
- See full list at: List of 2007 Panelists
- See full list at: List of 2008 Panelists
- See full list at: List of 2009 Panelists
- See full list at: List of 2010 Panelists
- See full list at: List of 2011 Panelists
- See full list at: List of 2012 Panelists
Year-by-year No. 1 and Final Rankings 
The Harris poll's final rankings are from the last week of the regular season for the purpose of producing a final BCS ranking. The Harris poll does not crown a champion in post-bowl poll.
2005 USC See results at: Final 2005 Harris Poll
2006 Ohio State See results at: Final 2006 Harris Poll
2007 Ohio State See results at: Final 2007 Harris Poll
2008 Florida See results at: Final 2008 Harris Poll
2009 Alabama See results at: Final 2009 Harris Poll
2010 Auburn See results at: Final 2010 Harris Poll
2011 LSU See results at: Final 2011 Harris Poll
See also 
- NCAA Division I FBS National Football Championship
- List of college bowl games
- AP Poll
- Coaches Poll
- Bowl Championship Series
- Grantland Rice Award
- Mythical National Championship
- Dickinson System
- "BCS Announces Standings Formula" (Press release). Bowl Championship Series. July 11, 2005. Retrieved 2006-07-27.
- "USC Ranked No. One in Top 25 Harris Interactive College Football Poll" (Press release). Bowl Championship Series. September 25, 2005. Retrieved 2006-07-27.
- Harris Interactive College Football Poll
- Archive of all public Harris Interactive Football Poll ballots since 2007