Harris and Me
Harris and Me first edition cover
|Cover artist||Wendell Minor|
|Publisher||Harcourt Children's Books|
|October 29, 1993|
|Media type||Print (Hardback & Paperback)|
|Pages||168 pp (first edition)|
|LC Class||PS3566.A834 H37 1993|
Harris and Me is a children's novel written by award-winning author Gary Paulsen. It was first published in 1993. The book is composed of a collection of vignettes with a subheading to preview each chapter. Based on a 2007 online poll, the National Education Association named the book one of its "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children."
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)|
- The "Me" of the title is an eleven-year-old boy who narrates the story.
- Harris Larson: A hyperactive nine-year-old boy who loves kinetic adventures.
- Knute Larson: Harris's father, a farmer who almost never speaks.
- Louie: A farmhand on the Larson's place. He sleeps above the barn and has a pet lynx named Buzzer. He has no teeth and swallows his food without chewing.
- Glennis Larson: Harris's older sister, who repeatedly slaps Harris for swearing, which happens numerous times a day.
- Clair Larson: Harris's mother.
Note: This is a memoir of a summer in the life of Gary Paulsen. It is said that he never went back to visit Harris.
- National Education Association (2007). "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children". Retrieved August 19, 2012.
- Juliane F. Gillispie and Robert M. Otten. Harris and Me: A Summer Remembered: For Further Reference. Beacham's Guide to Literature for Young Adults. Ed. Kirk H. Beetz. Vol 7. Beacham-Gale, 1990. January 2005. 26 June 2008.
- Nile, Amber. Harris and Me. Secondary English. 19 June 2008.
- Paulsen, Gary. Harris and Me. Orlando: Harcourt, Inc., 1993.
|This article about a children's novel of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|