Harrison Craig performs at Westfield Chatswood, Sydney, Australia, on 4 July 2013
7 September 1994 |
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Origin||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Genres||Pop, adult contemporary|
Harrison Craig (born 7 September 1994) is an Australian singer who won the second series of the The Voice. Craig, who lives in Melbourne, was coached in the program by British singer Seal. Craig has had three songs on the ARIA Singles Chart top 10 with his cover of "Unchained Melody" reaching No. 2 and his original song, "More Than a Dream", at No. 3. His debut album titled More Than a Dream was released on 25 June 2013 and reached number 1 on the iTunes chart. His new Album L.O.V.E was released April 11th 2014. 
|The Blind Auditions||"Broken Vow"||Lara Fabian||9||All judges offered to coach
Craig chose to join Team Seal
|Battle Rounds||"You Raise Me Up" (vs. Tim Moxey)||Secret Garden||6||Saved by Seal|
|The Showdowns||"Home"||Michael Bublé||8||Saved by public|
|Live Finals 1||"Can't Help Falling in Love"||Elvis Presley||8|
|Live Finals 2||"It Had Better Be Tonight"||Fran Jeffries||12|
|Live Finals 3||"If"||Bread||1|
|Semi-Finals||"Unchained Melody"||The Righteous Brothers||3||Advanced|
|"More Than a Dream"||Harrison Craig||12|
|Grand Final||"You're the Voice"
(with Celia Pavey, Danny Ross and Luke Kennedy)
|"He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"
Craig lives in Chelsea, Melbourne with his mother, Janine Cochrane and brother Connor. His father left the family when Craig was six. Craig battles a stutter when he speaks but it has improved since competing in The Voice. To help build his confidence, his mother encouraged him to join the Victorian Boys Choir and undertake private tuition. He completed his VCE in 2012 at Sandringham College, where he was Music Captain. In 2010 Craig fronted Garage Band High and sang the lead on their video of the song "Viva la Vida".
Craig is influenced by many artists of different genres, including Elvis Presley, Andrea Boccelli, Michael Buble, Nat King Cole, and many more. He sings in a unique style which he has named 'popera'.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|More Than a Dream||1||1|
NOTE: The notes at the bottom of the LOVE CD's back cover strangely state "Artwork: The Voice of Australia," supposedly meaning "Harrison Craig."
|2013||"Broken Vow"||18||More Than a Dream|
|"You Raise Me Up"||33|
|"Can't Help Falling in Love"||6|
|"It Had Better Be Tonight"||12|
|"More Than a Dream"||3|
|"Lift Your Spirit (single)"||84||TBA|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
- 2013: More Than A Dream Tour
- Ross, Annabel (17 June 2013). "Favourite Harrison Craig wins The Voice". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- "The Voice's Craig dominates ARIA charts". news.com.au. 16 June 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- "Harrison Craig has more to thank The Voice for than just victory after gaining the confidence to battle his stutter". couriermail.com.au. 18 June 2013. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Offical Release Date of new album". harrisoncraigofficial.com. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- Byrnes, Holly (8 April 2013). "Harrison Craig brings The Voice to a standstill". news.com.au. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Sandringham College alumni Harrison Craig on Channel 9′s The Voice". sandringhamcollege.com. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Harrison Craig With Garage Band High - Viva La Vida". youtube.com. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2013 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
|The Voice winner