Harrison Township is one of the seventeen townships of Logan County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,093 people in the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
Part of the city of Bellefontaine, the county seat of Logan County, is located in eastern and central Harrison Township.
Name and history 
It is one of nineteen Harrison Townships statewide.
Harrison Township was formed in 1832 from Lake Township.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
In the elections of November 2007, Gary Campbell defeated Matt Jackson in the election for the position of township trustee, while Bonnie Staley was elected without opposition in the election for the position of township fiscal officer. In January 2008, Dan Risner was elected chairman of the board, and Campbell was elected vice chairman.
U.S. Route 33 and State Route 47 are the major highways in Harrison Township. As well, Bellefontaine Regional Airport is located in the township's center.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- ^ "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ^ Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- ^ Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- ^ Examiner Staff, The. "Harrison Township elects officers, sets new meeting time", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2008-01-10, p. 2.
External links