Harrison Township, Vinton County, Ohio
|Harrison Township, Ohio|
|• Total||34.1 sq mi (88.3 km2)|
|• Land||34.1 sq mi (88.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||614 ft (187 m)|
|• Density||30.2/sq mi (11.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087103|
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Eagle Township: north
- Jackson Township: northeast corner
- Richland Township: east
- Jackson Township, Jackson County: south
- Liberty Township, Ross County: southwest
- Jefferson Township, Ross County: northwest
Harrison Township lies farther west than any other location in Vinton County.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Vinton County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 16 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.