Harrison Township, Wayne County, Indiana
Location in Wayne County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||16.51 sq mi (42.8 km2)|
|• Land||16.36 sq mi (42.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.16 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.97%|
|Elevation||984 ft (300 m)|
|• Density||24/sq mi (9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453399|
Harrison Township was organized in 1843.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 16.51 square miles (42.8 km2), of which 16.36 square miles (42.4 km2) (or 99.09%) is land and 0.16 square miles (0.41 km2) (or 0.97%) is water. The streams of Beard Run, Black Water Branch, College Corner Branch, Mud Run, Oser Creek, Silver Creek, Silver Station Brook and Square Run run through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Clay Township (northeast)
- Center Township (east)
- Jackson Township (west)
- Jefferson Township (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Beard.
- "Harrison Township, Wayne County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Young, Andrew White (1872). History of Wayne County, Indiana, from Its First Settlement to the Present Time. R. Clarke & Company. p. 231.