Harrisville Township, Medina County, Ohio
|Harrisville Township, Medina County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Medina County.
|• Total||26.3 sq mi (68.0 km2)|
|• Land||26.2 sq mi (68.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Density||187.2/sq mi (72.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086594|
Harrisville Township is one of the seventeen townships of Medina County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 4,914 people in the township, 1,853 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwest part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Chatham Township - north
- Lafayette Township - northeast corner
- Westfield Township - east
- Canaan Township, Wayne County - southeast
- Congress Township, Wayne County - south
- Homer Township - west
- Spencer Township - northwest corner
The village of Lodi is located in central Harrisville Township.
Name and history
It is the only Harrisville Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Medina County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.